Consult online with best Physios
Physiotherapy Treatment in Cuba
Physiotherapy is a popular and effective treatment for many conditions in Cuba. This includes treating injuries, managing chronic pain, and helping people with disabilities. Cuba has a long history of physiotherapy, which is likely due to the active lifestyle of its people. Cuba has a well-developed physio infrastructure with numerous clinics and hospitals offering standard treatments such as physiotherapy, chiropractic, massage, and hydrotherapy. The country also has a number of specialist clinics such as those for neurology, sports medicine, and geriatrics.
Physiotherapy is offered at no cost to patients in government clinics or hospitals. However, private practitioners typically charge a fee for their services. Patients who cannot afford to pay may be referred to state-run health insurance schemes which cover most medical costs. Physiotherapy is an important part of the Cuban healthcare system and it is used extensively to treat a range of conditions including injuries, chronic pain, and disabilities.
Top Physiotherapists in Cuba
- Maria del Carmen Fernandez is a well-known physio therapist who has worked for more than 25 years. Her work focuses on helping patients with conditions such as carpal tunnel syndrome and fibromyalgia.
- Dr. José Antonio García Echeverría has worked as a physiotherapist for more than 40 years and is considered one of the country’s leading experts on musculoskeletal issues. He has authored several books on the topic and is regularly consulted by hospitals and clinics around Cuba.
- Elio Gonzalez is a well-known physiotherapist who has worked with celebrities and sports stars. He has over 20 years of experience treating patients from all walks of life, including those with chronic pain, sports injuries, and post-operative rehabilitation. His clinic is located in Vedado and he offers private sessions as well as group appointments.
- Guillermo Machado is another highly rated physiotherapist who has worked with patients of all ages for over 15 years. Machado specializes in treating children and adults with orthopedic problems, such as fractures and sports injuries. He also offers treatment for chronic pain syndromes and conditions, including back pain and neck pain. Machado’s clinic is located in Centro Habana and he offers both group and private sessions.
- Alejandro Suarez is a third excellent physio therapist who has been practicing for over 10 years. Suarez specializes in treating patients with neurological issues, such as spinal cord compression, carpal tunnel syndrome, headaches, TMJ disorder, nerve cord damage, Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS), stroke rehabilitation, and sports injury rehabilitation. His clinic is located in Central Havana and he offers both group and private sessions.
How it works ?
Sign up for Physiotherapy in Cuba
Complete a simple five-minute online application to check your eligibility for the physiotherapy program in Cuba.
Meet your Physiotherapist (PT)
We will connect you with a Mantra physical therapist in Cuba who will be available to you 24/7 via call or chat
Connect to Physiomantra App
Follow suggestions provided by the app and your physiotherapist to cure your pains. You can also track your progress in the app.
We treat nearly all muscle and joint issues
Not all physical or muscle problems are the same. Different types of problems require different treatments. At MantraCare, 200+ physical therapist from Cuba & the world cover a range of specialties to meet your needs be it back pain, shoulder pain, or sports injury:
Meet the best online physical therapist in Cuba
10,000+ Happy Customers From Cuba & the world
Our Patients Are Redefining Success
“I was in Cuba on vacation and suffered a sports injury that left me unable to move my right arm. I was desperate for relief and heard about MantraCare’s physiotherapy services in the area. After just one session with their experienced physical therapist, I found relief from the pain and even managed to get some mobility back in my arm. I was so impressed with the results that I decided to continue treatments for the duration of my stay. MantraCare’s physical therapy program has been incredibly effective and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for relief from sports injuries, chronic or acute pain, or limited mobility due to an accident or injury.“
2 years on MantraCare
Top Physiotherapists at Mantracare in Cuba
Frequently Asked Questions
Physiotherapy can be defined as a treatment method that focuses on the science of movement. It helps people to restore, maintain and maximize their physical strength and motion by addressing the underlying physical issues. It helps treat muscle and joint pains issues.
Physiotherapists are experts at providing physiotherapy in Cuba for:
Elbow pain – Elbow pain can have causes that are not due to fundamental illness. It is associated with several causes including hitting a hard object, injury, putting pressure on the elbow, or attempting any sports activity.
Back pain – A person may experience minor to severe back pain due to several reasons including lifting heavy weight, injury or age. If neglected, the symptoms can turn worse. Physiotherapy helps in getting rid of these symptoms.
Hand pain – Hand pain is frequently brought by illness or injury that affects bones, muscles, joints, and ligaments, veins, or connective tissues altogether. Hand pain is one element of joint aggravation (joint pain) which is felt inside the hand.
Wrist pain – Wrist pain is typically brought by injuries or cracks from unexpected wounds. However, wrist pain can also occur from long haul issues such as monotonous pressure, joint inflammation, and carpal passage disorder.
and more areas of body.
It isn’t about which is better; it’s about availability and access. Ideally, everyone in Cuba should have unlimited access to personalized healthcare. But we do not live in an ideal world. Online physical therapy bridges those instances where in-person visits are less effective / feasible. Moreover, through online treatment, you get access to the best physiotherapy in Cuba, while sitting in your home.
Our physical therapy treatment program is 100% online. You can take consultation from any part of Cuba. We cater to people in Lagos, Kano, Ibadan, Benin City, Port Harcourt, Jos, Ilorin, Abuja, Kaduna, Enugu, Zaria, Warri, Ikorodu, Maiduguri, Aba, Ife, Bauchi, Akure, Abeokuta, Oyo, Uyo, Sokoto, Owerri, Yola, Calabar, Umuahia, Ondo City, Minna, Lafia & Okene.
Cuba has many good Physiotherapists without a doubt. However, physiotherapists in Cuba typically really on in-person meetings and traditional interventions. Each visit to a Physiotherapist typically happens every 2-3 months or more. With the Mantra Physical therapy model – you get to meet your Physio daily. He tracks you daily & guides you whenever or wherever you want. For this reason, the results from the Mantra Care Physiotherapy treatment program turn out to be better for most people.
The cost of physiotherapy treatment in Cuba varies depending on the medical condition and needs of the patient. Generally, a one-hour session can cost anywhere between 25 CUP (Cuban Pesos) and 40 CUP for an individual session.
Take a free physiotherapy assessment today! Know how you feel.
Our team of professional physiotherapists can help you determine the best course of action to reach your goals. Our personalized treatments, including manual therapy and exercise therapy, will help improve mobility and reduce pain, improving overall quality of life. Contact us today to schedule an assessment and start feeling better!