Book online consultation with top dietitians in Ethiopia
Nutrition Counseling in Ethiopia
The health and well-being of Ethiopian people relies heavily on their diet. A healthy diet can help reduce the risk of chronic diseases, such as heart disease and diabetes, and improve overall mental and physical health. Ethiopian people often have a low intake of vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and dairy products. They are also deficient in certain essential nutrients, including vitamin B12.
To meet the nutritional needs of Ethiopians, healthcare professionals recommend that they receive counseling and dietary instruction. Nutrition counseling in Ethiopia typically includes a review of the foods that Ethiopians should eat to meet their daily nutritional needs. Counselors also provide information about important vitamins and minerals that Ethiopians need to stay healthy. This counseling can help Ethiopians make informed decisions about their diets and improve their overall health.
How can our Dietitian in Ethiopia help?
If you feel that you’re not keeping a healthy weight, you can consult our dietitian online or a nutritionist near me in Ethiopia for the following:
Choose from 20+ Diet Options in Ethiopia
Our nutritionists in Ethiopia create a 100% customized diet plan for you. If you want, they can also help you follow standard diet plans such as Keto, Vegan & Low carb:
Top Nutritionists in Ethiopia
- Dr. Mulugeta Tessema – Dr. Mulugeta Tessema is a Food Science and Nutrition expert from Addis Ababa University in Ethiopia. He has worked on many nutrition related projects such as the National Nutrition Program, the Livestock Feed Development Project and various research activities for agricultural development. He is also a member of the Ethiopian Nutrition Association.
- Gezahegn Tesfaye – Gezahegn Tesfaye is a nutritionist with more than 20 years of experience working in Ethiopia, where he developed and implemented national food security strategies. He has also provided technical assistance to several international agencies including FAO, WFP, UNICEF and World Bank. He currently serves as the Deputy Minister of Livestock and Fisheries in Ethiopia.
- Adissu Gebre – Adissu Gebre is a nutritionist with extensive experience in food and nutrition policy development, monitoring and evaluation. She has worked with government institutions and international NGOs in Ethiopia and has been involved in a number of nutrition-related projects. She is the Executive Director of the Ethiopian Nutrition Association.
- Mekdes Tegegne – Mekdes Tegegne is a food scientist and nutritionist from Addis Ababa University in Ethiopia with over 20 years of experience in research, teaching and providing technical support to nutrition programs in Ethiopia. She is also the president of the Ethiopian Nutrition Association and Vice President of the National Nutrition Program.
- Mulugeta Abate – Mulugeta Abate is a nutritionist with over 20 years experience working in Ethiopia, where he has had an active role in developing and delivering national food security strategies. He has also worked with many international agencies such as UNICEF, FAO and World Bank. Currently he is the Director of Nutrition Programs at the Ministry of Health in Ethiopia.
How do we help in managing weight?
1-on-1 consultations to design a customized plan which include diet, yoga, exercise & more
Identify triggers & techniques to manage your cravings while losing weight simultaneously.
Track Your Health
Track calories & health metrics, access your meal plan, explore exclusive content and schedule calls
You will never feel alone on this journey, as you will be supported by a group of peers and coaches in USA.
How it works ?
Signup for a Nutrition Counseling in Ethiopia
Complete a simple 5-minute online application to enroll yourself in the diet coaching program in Ethiopia.
Meet your Dietitian
We will connect you with our Mantra dietitian in Ethiopia available 24/7 to you via call or chat.
Connect to our app
Follow suggestions provided by the app and your dietitian in Ethiopia. Track your progress in the app.
10,000+ Happy Customers From Ethiopia & the world
Our Patients Are Redefining Success
“I recently had a nutrition counseling session with MantraCare in Ethiopia and it was one of the best experiences I have ever had. My counselor was knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful. He provided me with valuable advice on how to maintain healthy eating habits and the importance of balanced nutrition. He also answered all my questions regarding diet and nutrition, as well as provided helpful resources to help me in my journey. I highly recommend MantraCare’s nutrition counseling services and am very happy that I took the time to visit their clinic. Their counselors are truly dedicated to helping people achieve a healthier lifestyle, and they make it an enjoyable experience too! Thank you, MantraCare!“
2 years on MantraCare
Frequently Asked Questions
A dietitian is a medical expert who provides personalized diet plans and food charts according to your body needs. Your online dietitian in Ethiopia will identify your health issue and recommend healthy diets to treat your disease-related malnutrition. He will conduct effective medical nutrition therapy to help you manage your weight and keep health problems at bay.
To acquire your online diet plan, update your assessment through our Mantra Care application and our specialized dietician in Ethiopia will provide you with a food chart that needs to be followed according to the requirement. You can take advises and discuss the diet plan with your dietician in Ethiopia via chat or video calls.
During the from-filling process, you would be asked some questions including ‘who cooks at your home’, ‘how many meals do you eat outside’, or ‘do you like food in Ethiopia or any other cuisine’. So that our nutritionist in Ethiopia would be able to make diet charts accordingly while adhering to the restrictions and your preferences.
Nutrition counseling in Ethiopia can be quite costly, depending on the location and length of service. Fees for one-time visits can range from $50-$75 USD, while monthly sessions can cost $100-$150 USD. However, many clinics offer sliding scale fees for low-income patients. Fees for comprehensive programs may be higher, but are often worth it due to the wealth of knowledge and experience available to counselors.
Take a free nutritional assessment today! Know how you feel.
Get feedback from a nutritionist, so you can make smart decisions about your diet. Make sure to get enough vitamins and minerals in your diet. Eat fresh fruits, vegetables, lean proteins and whole grains to keep yourself healthy and energized. Don’t forget to get adequate amounts of water and exercise regularly. With the right knowledge, you can make educated choices about your diet to lead a healthier lifestyle!