I am a Specialist Wellness Counsellor. I am Registered with ASCHP. I have worked at My Journey Foundation, Am currently working with Tell A Buddy. My experience has equipped me to deal with people from all walks of life, I believe that we all experience life changing situations in our journey of life, which can be overwhelming, however if we have support, or a person who can guarantee confidentiality, a safe and non-judgmental environment for us to talk about our life changing experiences we become hopeful. I am passionate about making a positive difference in the lives of those I engage with, by instilling hope and empowering individuals. I ensure you non-judgmental, safe and confidential environment of counselling.
My current scope of practice includes:
• Working with individuals, groups and communities to improve mental health
• Encourage clients to discuss emotions and experiences• Examine issues including substance abuse, bullying, anger management, career development, personal development, depression, anxiety, relationships, self-image, stress and suicide
• Help clients define goals, plan action and gain insight
• Develop therapeutic processes
• Refer clients to psychologists and other services.