Book Appointment or Video Consultation online with top eye doctors
A new model for Dermatology and Skincare
Get your Dermatology and skincare treatment online with regular virtual check-ins & teleconsultations
Real, proactive Dermatology and skincare treatment
Our members in Nigeria get matched best online dermatologist in nigeria for treatment and one-on-one coaching.
Continuous Remote Medical Care
Doctors at MantraCare are 100% virtual and provide care, whenever & wherever needed. Our technology-enabled approach helps cure skin problems in Nigeria with minimal medications.
MantraCare personalizes skin care treatment for each person, with remedies and diets based on your routine and preferences.
Nigeria’s best Dermatology clinic in your pocket
How it works
Signup for Skincare treatment
Just fill up a 5-minute online form to tell us about your Dermatology symptoms and treatment expectations.
Meet your care team
We will connect you with a Dermatologist, skin expert in Nigeria available 24/7 to you via call or chat.
Connect to our app
Follow suggestions provided by the app and our doctors/experts for skincare. Track your medication /progress in the app
All about Dermatology/Skin diseases & their treatment
Dermatology is the part of medication, where the doctors deal with skin related problems including acne, skin infection, skin cancer and more. It is a forte with both clinical and surgical perspectives. A dermatologist is an expert specialist who oversees illnesses identified with skin, hair, nails, and some corrective issues.
Skin disease Symptoms
- Red or white coloured raised bumps.
- A rash, which may be difficult or bothersome.
- Textured or harsh skin.
- Stripping skin.
- Open bruises or injuries.
- Dry, broken skin.
- Stained patches of skin etc.
Dermatology Complication or Risks
Dermatological crises are exceptional, yet can cause crushing complexities and pass to other people if not perceived and treated early. Some skin conditions require therapy in an emergency unit.
Types of Skin Diseases
- Allergies: Skin allergy is the occurrence of red bumps on the skin, due to which a person may experience irritation and pain.
- Acne: Acne is one of the most common skin problems that causes whiteheads, blackheads and pimples on the skin.
- Rash: Skin rash causes a noticeable change in the colour of your skin. A person may experience skin irritation during a rash.
- Spots: Spots are the small, dark coloured appearance on your skin that occurs mostly due to sun exposure.
- Eczema: Eczema causes your skin patches to become itchy, inflamed, rough and cracked.
- Warts: Warts are the skin growth that occurs in the form of small, flesh bump on the skin. The major cause of warts is the human papillomavirus.
- Rosacea: Rosacea is a skin ailment that mainly affects the face. Some of its symptoms include irritant skin, facial flushing, and pimples.
- Psoriasis: Psoriasis is a chronic disease that causes redness, itchiness, and scaly patches. This skin ailment does not have any cure till now.
- Hair follicles: Hair follicle refers to the problem of hair loss. Hair follicles are the organ found in mammalian skin, which is responsible for hair growth through the interaction between immune cells, hormones and neuropeptides. However, when the hair follicles fail to get the required nourishment, it leads to the loss of hair from the scalp.
- Insect bites: The bite of an insect, such as a bee or mosquito that usually causes minor symptoms.
- Alopecia: Alopecia occurs when the immune system attacks the hair follicles resulting in the loss of hair in small patches from your head. These patches may become noticeable due to the continuous fall of hair.
- Cold sores: Cold sores is the condition where a person may experience red, fluid-filled blisters near the mouth and on other parts of the face.
- Oral herpes: Oral herpes is an infection responsible for causing painful sores in the areas inside your mouth including gums, lips, tongue and roof of the mouth. Oral herpes emerges from the herpes simplex virus.
- Skin cuts: Skin cuts may occur out of injuries. It ranges from minor to major cuts that require different first aid treatment.
- Abrasions: Abrasions are the open wounds that occur out of injuries and skin being rubbed against a rough surface.
- Moles: Moles are the small, dark brown coloured skin growth. These are the most common type of spots that may change in appearance and fade over time.
Dermatology & skin Treatment in Nigeria
Diet & Lifestyle changes
Lifestyle changes can help control and manage skin diseases and ailments. A healthy diet with increased consumption of water, regular physical activity, moisturizing, oil control, washing face regularly, daily baths, using good skin products etc are some of the ways to cure skin ailments.
If all of the above doesn’t help, medications may be recommended to cure skin diseases.
Medications used to treat skin diseases include:
- Tretinoin (Retin-A and Renova) Retin-A is a prescription medicationapproved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 1971 to treat acne.
- A beta-hydroxy acid (salicylic acid) such as tretinoin, salicylic acid is an exfoliant that can improve the texture and colour of skin.
- Hydroquinone is used to lighten the darkened areas of your skin including age spots, freckles, chloasma and melisma.
- Propecia: Propecia is a medication used to treat the symptoms of male pattern hair loss (androgenic alopecia), and benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
- Vaniqa: This medication helps in getting rid of the unwanted hair growth on the face.
Meet the best Dermatologists online in Nigeria
MantraCare doctors/ experts treat skin ailments through a combination of a healthy diet, exercise and medication. Our Dermatology treatment experience is the better traditional in-person approach in multiple ways.
Return on investment
Our health plan partners have witnessed significant cost savings from health claims.
Reduced medical cost
Mantra Care billing is almost 1/5 the amount charged by typical hospitals on your health plan
Higher member satisfaction
Your members get easy access to health services, wherever & whenever they need it
Mantra Care can be billed directly through medical claims with success-based pricing built-in.
10,000+ Happy Dermatology & skincare patients from Nigeria &
around the world
“The greatest thing that I found with the MantraCare Dermatology treatment is the whole package. You have a team of professionals that are working with you, and they provide all the tools that you need to get the treatment.”
1 year on MantraCare
Frequently Ask Questions
Dermatology is the part of medication managing the skin. It is a strength with both clinical and surgical angles. A dermatologist is an expert specialist who oversees sicknesses identified with skin, hair, nails, and some corrective issues.
Dermatopathology is a subspecialty that consolidates dermatology with pathology, or the investigation and recognizable proof of sicknesses utilizing tests of hair, skin, and so on.
•Pediatric Dermatology focuses on nutrition and diet.
•Mohs Surgery is mainly based on people diagnosed with skin cancer.
•Cosmetic Dermatology focuses on improving the appearance of the patients.
The most common causes of skin problems include microorganisms caught in skin pores and hair follicles, organisms, parasites, or microorganisms living on the skin, infections, a weak immune system, contact with allergens, aggravations, or someone else’s contaminated skin and hereditary components.
MantraCare treats your Skin through a combination of mobile app interventions, health coach sessions, doctor consultations & medications.
Our health coaches work with you 24/7 to treat Skin ailments with a combination of a healthy diet, exercise and medication. Management of Skin related issues includes home remedies, regular hydration, healthy eating, regular exercise, stress reduction & medication.
Yes, online doctors at MantraCare can prescribe Dermatology medication. However, for certain states/ regions in Nigeria, where an online prescription is not allowed, we will try to connect you to a local Nigerian doctor. Alternatively, we also ship medication at your location in Nigeria.
It isn’t about which is better; it’s about availability and access. Ideally, everyone should have unlimited access to personalized healthcare. But we do not live in an ideal world. Telemedicine bridges those instances where in-person visits are less effective/feasible. Moreover, through telemedicine, you get access to the best Dermatologists in the world, while sitting at your home in Nigeria.
We offer certain services such as app-based tracking and health blog for free. We charge a nominal price for other aspects such as Dermatologist consultations, expert chats and Dermatology medications. Bottom line: We provide one of the most affordable ways in Nigeria to tackle skin problems.
Our Dermatology treatment program is 100% online. You can take consultation from any part of Nigeria. We cater to people in Lagos, Kano, Ibadan, Benin City, Port Harcourt, Jos, Ilorin, Abuja, Kaduna, Enugu, Zaria, Warri, Ikorodu, Maiduguri, Aba, Ife, Bauchi, Akure, Abeokuta, Oyo, Uyo, Sokoto, Owerri, Yola, Calabar, Umuahia, Ondo City, Minna, Lafia & Okene.
Nigeria has many good Dermatologists without a doubt. However, Dermatologists in Nigeria typically rely on in-person meetings and traditional interventions.
Each visit to Dermatologists typically happens every 2-3 months or more. With the Mantra Dermatology Care model – you get to meet your Dermatologist daily. He tracks you daily & guides you whenever or wherever you want. For this reason, the results from the Mantra Care Dermatology treatment program turn out to be better for most people.