Consultation online with top diabetes doctors in Uganda
Diabetes Treatment in Uganda
Diabetes treatment in Uganda is an ever-evolving field. Diabetes is one of the leading causes of death and disability in the country, with a prevalence rate estimated at 4.7%. To address this epidemic, the Ministry of Health has taken steps to enhance the management of diabetes through various strategic initiatives.
Diabetes awareness campaigns have also been implemented, focusing on promoting healthy lifestyles and advocating for the prevention of complications. Diabetes self-management education is being rolled out in both public and private health facilities. Through these initiatives, Diabetes treatment in Uganda is becoming increasingly accessible to all citizens.
Through the joint efforts of the Ministry of Health and organizations, Diabetes care in Uganda is becoming more comprehensive and effective. With an effective Diabetes treatment program in place, it is hoped that more individuals will be able to manage their Diabetes and enjoy healthier lives.
Symptoms of Diabetes
How We Reverse Your Hypertension?
Eating a balanced diet with plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains can help keep your blood pressure in check.
Regular physical activity helps you maintain a healthy weight, reduce stress, and improve your overall health.
Techniques such as deep breathing, meditation, yoga, journaling, & exercise can help reduce levels of stress.
1-1 Live Coaching
Through our program, you will work one-on-one with a certified health coach to create an individualized plan.
Yoga for Hypertension
Yoga may help reduce blood pressure by calming the mind and body, reducing stress levels, and promoting relaxation.
Diabetes Care App
Unlimited access to our app with trackers, videos, glycemic charts, 1000+ recipes & more
Benefits of our Diabetes Program
Dedicated health coach
Daily support & answers to questions are just a message away
Our care team in Uganda monitors your Diabetes continuously via app
A private, opt-in forum for support from others suffering from Diabetes
Expert care at home
DiabetesMantra is 100% online—no waiting rooms, just on-demand care at home
Top Diabetes Doctors in Uganda
- Dr. Mohammed Ali Muhoozi is a highly qualified and experienced doctor specialising in diabetes care. He has over 20 years of experience working with patients living with the condition, and has worked extensively in rural areas of Uganda where access to proper medical care is often limited.
- Dr. John Bosco is another highly qualified and experienced doctor whospecialises in treating diabetes. He has extensive experience working both in urban and rural areas of Uganda, and is well-known for his ability to provide comprehensive care for patients with the condition.
- Dr. Catherine Musisi is a registered physician who specializes in caring for diabetic patients, both adults and children. She has over 10 years of experience working with this population, and boasts a wealth of knowledge and expertise when it comes to managing diabetes treatments and preventing complications from developing.
- Dr. Denis Onyango is a specialist in pediatric diabetes management, which makes him well-equipped to provide treatment for children with the condition as well as deal with any accompanying complications that may arise from its diagnosis or treatment.
- Dr. Judith Nabwire is an endocrinologist who specializes in treating type 2 diabetes and other hormone-related diseases. She also offers weight loss surgery as an option for people who are unable to lose weight on their own through diet and exercise. Dr. Nabwire has been practicing for more than 20 years and has seen many patients successfully manage their diabetes using her advice and treatments.
How it works ?
Signup for Diabetes program
Just complete a simple 5-minute online application to check your eligibility for the program and enroll.
Meet your care team
We’ll match you with a Mantra health coach in Niegria available 24/7 to you via call or chat.
Connect to our app
Follow suggestions provided by the app and your coach to beat diabetes. Track your progress in the app
Why to not delay Diabetes Treatment?
90% of diabetics die of heart attacks!
65% of diabetics have high BP or hypertension.
Diabetes is one of the leading cause of kidney disease
Diabetes increases risk of cancer significantly
10,000+ Happy Customers From Uganda & the world
Our Patients Are Redefining Success
“I was diagnosed with diabetes and prescribed insulin injections by my local doctor. I was feeling overwhelmed and scared that I would have to take regular injections for the rest of my life. But a friend recommended MantraCare in Uganda, so I decided to give it a try. To my surprise, after just 1 week of following MantraCare’s diabetes treatment program, my blood glucose levels had already gone down significantly. I was amazed! The team at MantraCare is amazing, they provided me with personal attention and guidance throughout the whole process. Every week they would monitor my progress and adjust the treatment according to my needs. They also taught me how to keep my diabetes under control through diet and exercise. I’m so grateful for the help I received from MantraCare and would highly recommend their services to anyone suffering from diabetes. With their help, I now have much more energy and can live a normal life without having to worry about injections or complications! Thank you MantraCare”
2 years on MantraCare
Top Doctors at Mantracare in USA
Frequently Asked Questions
When blood sugar or glucose levels are too high, diabetes develops. Insulin is a hormone that aids the movement of glucose from meals into your cells for energy. The body’s production of insulin or its use of insulin might be insufficient at times. Glucose is able to get into cells and remain in the blood as a result. Blood sugar levels rise as a consequence.
There are three primary types of diabetes: Type 1, Type 2, and gestational diabetes. Type 1 diabetes is caused by the immune system’s attack on the cells that manufacture insulin, a hormone that aids in the utilization and storage of glucose. Type 2 diabetes occurs when the body’s ability to use insulin is lost. Gestational diabetes is a disease that pregnant women get when their bodies aren’t able to create and utilize insulin properly during pregnancy.
Diabetes is treated by MantraCare with a mobile app intervention, health coach sessions, physician visits, and medicine. Our health coaches in Uganda work with you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to treat diabetes using a healthy diet, exercise, and medication. Obesity treatment for type 2 diabetes includes weight reduction, healthy eating, regular exercise, blood sugar monitoring (insulin therapy).
Yes, diabetes drugs can be prescribed by online doctors at MantraCare. However, if you reside in a state or province where internet prescription is not permitted, we will try to connect you to a local doctor. Alternatively, we also deliver diabetes medication to Uganda.
In Uganda, the cost of diabetes treatment varies depending on the severity of the disease and the location. For people with mild to moderate diabetes, treatment costs between $100 and $200 per month. For those with advanced diabetes, treatment can cost up to $1,000 per month.
Take a free diabetes assessment today! Know how you feel.
Take control of your diabetes today with the help of a free assessment. With this assessment, you can get an accurate understanding of how diabetes affects your body and lifestyle. Identify your risks for complications, learn about treatment options, and create a plan to keep yourself healthy.