Book online consultation with top dietitians in South Africa
Nutrition Counseling in South Africa
Nutrition counseling in South Africa is a growing field that offers individuals and families access to information and resources to improve their nutrition. Nutrition counseling can help people identify and address dietary problems, make healthy choices, and increase their overall intake of nutrients.
In South Africa, there are many accredited institutions that offer nutrition counseling. These institutions typically have a graduate degree in nutrition or a related field, and they offer a variety of services such as individualized counseling, group counseling, and family counseling. Many of these institutions also have clinics devoted to providing nutritional advice to individuals and families.
There are also a number of nonprofit organizations that offer nutrition counseling services. These organizations may be funded by foundations, private donations, or government grants. They typically have volunteers who provide free or discounted services to low-income families.
How can our Dietitian in South Africa help?
If you feel that you’re not keeping a healthy weight, you can consult our dietitian online or a nutritionist near me in South Africa for the following:
Choose from 20+ Diet Options in South Africa
Our nutritionists in South Africa create a 100% customized diet plan for you. If you want, they can also help you follow standard diet plans such as Keto, Vegan & Low carb:
Top Nutritionists in South Africa
- Dr. Ingrid van Heerden offers nutrition counseling to individuals with the aim of enhancing health and wellbeing through optimal nutrition advice tailored to individual needs and lifestyle changes. She also offers nutritional analysis and nutrition education.
- Anneline Padayachee has over 25 years of experience helping her clients reach their health goals. She is based in Midrand, Johannesburg and specializes in weight management, sports nutrition and nutritional support for chronic illnesses. With an extensive nutrition counselling service, Anneline offers personalized nutrition advice to her clients.
- Stephanie Hutton is based in Pretoria, South Africa. Stephanie offers individualized nutritional advice tailored to each client’s needs incorporating the latest evidence-based approaches and lifestyle modifications. Her services include nutritional assessment and counselling, meal plans, grocery shopping, pantry audits and lifestyle coaching.
- Abria Pombo is based in Johannesburg with a focus on food as medicine. Nutrition counseling sessions are tailored to each individual’s needs in order to help them achieve optimal health and wellness. Abria also offers educational sessions on nutrition, healthy eating and lifestyle changes.
- Dr. Alan Passmore is a nutrition practitioner based in Durban, South Africa. With an integrated approach to nutrition services, Dr. Passmore offers nutrition counseling for individuals in order to help them make sustainable lifestyle changes. He also offers Nutrition Coaching and Nutrition Education Programs.
How do we help in managing weight?
1-on-1 consultations to design a customized plan which include diet, yoga, exercise & more
Identify triggers & techniques to manage your cravings while losing weight simultaneously.
Track Your Health
Track calories & health metrics, access your meal plan, explore exclusive content and schedule calls
You will never feel alone on this journey, as you will be supported by a group of peers and coaches in USA.
How it works ?
Signup for a Nutrition Counseling in South Africa
Complete a simple 5-minute online application to enroll yourself in the diet coaching program in South Africa.
Meet your Dietitian
We will connect you with our Mantra dietitian in South Africa available 24/7 to you via call or chat.
Connect to our app
Follow suggestions provided by the app and your dietitian in South Africa. Track your progress in the app.
10,000+ Happy Customers From South Africa & the world
Our Patients Are Redefining Success
“Nutrition counseling with MantraCare in South Africa has been a life changing experience for me. I can’t express enough gratitude towards their team of nutritionists who have worked hard to develop an comprehensive and personalized diet plan that caters to my specific needs and goals. The diet plans provided by them are easy to follow, healthy and also super tasty. Overall, I’m so glad that I chose to go with MantraCare for nutrition counseling and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to make a change in their diet. They’ve helped me in achieving my goals of maintaining a healthy lifestyle and I couldn’t be more thankful! Thank you, MantraCare!”
2 years on MantraCare
Frequently Asked Questions
A dietitian is a medical expert who provides personalized diet plans and food charts according to your body needs. Your online dietitian in South Africa will identify your health issue and recommend healthy diets to treat your disease-related malnutrition. He will conduct effective medical nutrition therapy to help you manage your weight and keep health problems at bay.
To acquire your online diet plan, update your assessment through our Mantra Care application and our specialized dietician in South Africa will provide you with a food chart that needs to be followed according to the requirement. You can take advises and discuss the diet plan with your dietician in South Africa via chat or video calls.
During the from-filling process, you would be asked some questions including ‘who cooks at your home’, ‘how many meals do you eat outside’, or ‘do you like food in South Africa or any other cuisine’. So that our nutritionist in South Africa would be able to make diet charts accordingly while adhering to the restrictions and your preferences.
Nutrition counseling in South Africa can be expensive, depending on the amount of time and effort that is put into the consultation. For a one-hour consultation, nutrition counseling can cost between R1500 and R2000. This price may increase if additional services are required, such as a food diary or physical examination. In some cases, nutrition counseling may be offered as part of a group therapy program.
Take a free nutritional assessment today! Know how you feel.
Get feedback from a nutritionist, so you can make smart decisions about your diet. Make sure to get enough vitamins and minerals in your diet. Eat fresh fruits, vegetables, lean proteins and whole grains to keep yourself healthy and energized. Don’t forget to get adequate amounts of water and exercise regularly. With the right knowledge, you can make educated choices about your diet to lead a healthier lifestyle!