Get a Trial Consultation
Video Consult with top Hypertension experts
Hypertension Treatment in Sri Lanka
Hypertension, also known as high blood pressure, is a condition in which the force of the blood against the walls of the arteries is too high. This high pressure can damage the arteries, heart, and other organs. There are many factors that can contribute to hypertension, including genetics, diet, stress, and certain medications. However, in most cases, the exact cause is unknown. Treatment for hypertension typically involves lifestyle changes and medication. In some cases, surgery may be necessary. Lifestyle changes that can help to lower blood pressure include eating a healthy diet, maintaining a healthy weight, getting regular exercise, quitting smoking, and reducing stress. Medications used to treat hypertension include diuretics, ACE inhibitors, beta-blockers, and calcium channel blockers. In Sri Lanka, hypertension is a very common condition. According to a study conducted in 2012, nearly 30% of adults over the age of 18 have high blood pressure. The prevalence is even higher in urban areas, where 38% of adults have hypertension. Hypertension is a major risk factor for heart disease and stroke. In Sri Lanka, cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death. In fact, one in every four deaths in Sri Lanka is due to cardiovascular disease.
Lifestyle factors cause Hypertension
Mantra Reverses Your Hypertension Naturally
Mantra connects you with a team of reversal coaches, dietitians, fitness experts, yoga instructors & stress counselors in Sri Lanka. They work with you consistently on all the lifestyle factors causing Hypertension. All the habits that you develop from our program will reduce your dependence on blood pressure medications and teach you the best home remedies for high blood pressure
Eating a balanced diet with plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains can help keep your blood pressure in check.
Regular physical activity helps you maintain a healthy weight, reduce stress, and improve your overall health.
Techniques such as deep breathing, meditation, yoga, journaling, & exercise can help reduce levels of stress.
1-1 Live Coaching
Through our program, you will work one-on-one with a certified Hypertension coach to create an individualized plan.
Yoga for Hypertension
Yoga may help reduce blood pressure by calming the mind and body, reducing stress levels, and promoting relaxation.
Hypertension Care App
Unlimited access to our app with blood pressure trackers, sodium intake tracker, videos, 1000+ recipes & more
Benefits of our Hypertension Program
You connect with dedicated reversal coaches, dietitians, fitness experts, yoga instructors & stress counselors
Our care team in Sri Lanka monitors your hypertension continuously via app
A private, opt-in forum for support from others suffering from Hypertension
Expert care at home
MantraCare is 100% online—no waiting rooms, just on-demand care at home
Hypertension Program Results at MantraCare, Sri Lanka
Participants reduced dependency on medications
Participants managed to control their blood pressure naturally
Participants showed reversed Hypertension & Diabetes
Average weight loss after 16 weeks program
We serve almost all locations in Sri Lanka
Mantracare is easily accessible from the following locations in Sri Lanka: Colombo, Kaduwela, Maharagama, Kesbewa, Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia, Moratuwa, Negombo, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte, Kalmunai, Kandy, Galle, Batticaloa, Jaffna, Matara, Gampaha, Katunayake, Boralesgamuwa, Kolonnawa, Anuradhapura, Trincomalee
Get Access to 500+ Hypertension experts at MantraCare, Sri Lanka
How it works ?
Signup for Hypertension treatment in Sri Lanka
Just complete a 5-minute online form to tell us about your hypertension symptoms & treatment expectations.
Meet your Hypertension care team
We’ll match you with a team of experts including reversal, diet, yoga, fitness and stress counselors from Sri Lanka
Connect to our app
Follow suggestions provided by the app and our team to treat Hypertension. Track your medication / progress in the app
Top Hypertension Doctors in Sri Lanka
- Dr. K.C. Wijewardene is a renowned hypertension specialist who has been working in Sri Lanka for more than 20 years. He is board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine and the American College of Cardiology. He has published several scientific papers on hypertension and has presented at international conferences on the topic.
- Dr. Sathya Pithawala is another highly experienced hypertension specialist who works at the Colombo National Hospital. He is also a member of the Royal College of Physicians of England and the Association of Physicians of Sri Lanka. Dr. Pithawala has written extensively on the subject of hypertension and is widely regarded as an expert in his field.
- Dr. Gnanasekara De Silva is an internationally recognized cardiologist who practices in the Colombo suburbs. He is a fellow of both the American College of Cardiology and the European Society for Cardiology, and he has authored several books on cardiology topics including hypertension management guidelines for Sri Lankans.
- Dr. Dinesh Fernando is a renowned cardiologist who has been practicing for more than 20 years. He is board certified by the American Board of Cardiology and is a member of the Sri Lankan Medical Association and the World Medical Association.
- Dr. Suresh Kumar is a specialist in cardiovascular disease and has been working at the same hospital for more than 25 years. He is also certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine and has written several articles on hypertension and heart disease.
10,000+ Happy Customers From Sri Lanka & the world
Our Patients Are Redefining Success
“I am so happy to have found MantraCare, who helped me with my hypertension and I am feeling much better now. I was really scared about what might happen but I am so relieved that it’s taken care of. If you’re worried about your blood pressure, this is a great way to go.”
2 years on MantraCare
Frequently Asked Questions
Hypertension or High blood pressure is a common condition in which the force of the blood against your artery walls is higher than normal. It may cause health problems, such as heart disease, vision loss & dementia.
You can naturally control your blood pressure & get rid of high blood pressure medications by signing up for the blood pressure treatment program at MantraCare, Sri Lanka.
Exact causes of hypertension or high blood pressure are unknown, but several things may play a role including: Smoking, obesity, lack of physical activity, too much salt in the diet, alcohol consumption, stress, older age, genetics, family history of high blood pressure & sleep issues.
- As the first step we connect you with our Hypertension coach in Sri Lanka that will let you know what the root cause is, and create a customized reversal plan for you.
- Then a nutritionist in Sri Lanka will deep dive into your lifestyle – diet patterns, routine, diet triggers, and based on all these create a customized reversal diet plan for you.
- A certified therapist in Sri Lanka helps you bring down the stress level.
- You get Yoga sessions, which have proven impact on Hypertension. The coach also guides you on what lifestyle changes in terms of sleeping patterns; exercise regime needs to be done, any other questions.
- You also get access to MantraCare app with blood pressure tracking, list of foods to avoid, Hypertension course, Hypertension competitions and more.
The cost of hypertension treatment in Sri Lanka can vary significantly depending on the severity of the condition and whether or not you are covered by health insurance. Generally, treatment for hypertension will cost between Rs. 2,000 and Rs. 5,000 per month, though this can increase depending on your specific case and the type of medication prescribed. For those without health insurance coverage, the cost of hypertension treatment may be prohibitively high.
Take a FREE Hypertension Risk Assessment
Learn about lifestyle changes you can make to reduce the risk of high blood pressure, stroke, and heart attack. Get tips for better nutrition, stress reduction, and other healthy habits. With this free assessment you will be able to identify areas that may need attention!