- 1 What Is Virgin Coconut Oil?
- 2 Virgin Coconut Oil Benefits For Hair
- 3 Virgin Coconut Oil Benefits for Skin
- 4 Conclusion
- 5 A Word From MantraCare
What Is Virgin Coconut Oil?
Virgin coconut oil is the virgin form of coconut oil. It means that it’s pure and unrefined, just like virgin olive oil or virgin grape seed oils are to their respective fruits. This type of coconut oil has gone through less processing than other forms would have. It can mean more nutrients for you! In addition, virgin coconut oil has many virgin coconut oil benefits. It’s great for cooking, and some people use it as a moisturizer or in place of lotion! People extract virgin coconut oils using centrifuge extraction methods. At the same time, others go through more rigorous processes like fermentation, enzyme action, distillation, refrigerated centrifugation (cold pressing), hydrolysis, and virgin coconut oil benefits of high-pressure processes.
Virgin Coconut Oil Benefits For Hair
We’ve been gushing about the wonderful quality of cold-pressed virgin coconut oil, and you’re probably thinking, “How great could it really be?” Don’t worry, we won’t keep you guessing; we’ll start by describing the advantages of cold-pressed, virgin coconut oil for your hair:
Prevents Hair Breakage And Split Ends
Since virgin coconut oil is rich in nutrients, it can help to nourish your hair and prevent breakage.
It also prevents split ends by closing the cuticles so they don’t damage when weather elements hit them or rough treatment from styling tools during washing, combing, etc.
Increases the Hair Volume
- Virgin coconut oil has moisturizing properties that help to nourish the hair and increase volume.
- It also helps with detangling, so you can easily comb or brush through your hair without causing any damage.
- Hair will become healthier if you apply virgin coconut oil after shampooing because it adds moisture without weighing down the hair like other oils.
Helps Against Graying of Hair
- Virgin coconut oil is rich in antioxidants, which help to fight the effects of free radicals that can cause hair graying.
- It also helps increase circulation at your scalp level by entering into the hair follicles bringing more oxygenated blood flow and nutrients for cell renewal.
- This will result in healthier locks with a natural shine every time you shampoo!
Moisturizes the Hair and Scalp
- Virgin coconut oil is beneficial for the hair and scalp by penetrating deep into the pores to nourish them on a cellular level.
- It has antibacterial properties that fight dandruff, which makes virgin coconut oil ideal for those who tend to have an itchy or flaky scalp.
- Cold-pressed virgin coconut oil restores hydration to your hair and scalp, which commonly loses during the dry and cold seasons. While your hair is moist after bathing, apply some of the oil freely to your hair and scalp (slightly warmed if desired), and it will work wonders for the rough and dry skin that the scalp can acquire during cold and dry periods, as well as conditioning your hair wonderfully.
Prevents the Formation of Dandruff
- Virgin coconut oil has antibacterial properties that help to fight dandruff, which makes virgin coconut oil ideal for those who tend to have an itchy or flaky scalp.
- It also moisturizes the hair and helps prevent dryness by locking in moisture throughout your day.
- When applied regularly on a daily basis after showering, virgin coconut oil will loosen the flakes and make them fall off your scalp.
Offers Protection from Lice
- Lice are a common problem in school children and their families.
- Virgin coconut oil is a safe treatment to use when you have lice, as it doesn’t cause any adverse effects on the skin or scalp like some chemical treatments can.
- One of virgin coconut oil’s natural properties that kills head lice is its monolaurin properties.
- Virgin coconut oil is a natural treatment that you can use at home without the fear of infection by lice after applying virgin coconut oil to your scalp and hair regularly because it will kill any head lice present on the scalp.
- It’s also gentle enough for children who have been affected with headlice, so virgin coconut oil is a safe alternative to chemical treatments.
Soothes Boils and Scalp Irritation
- Cold-pressed virgin coconut oil restores hydration to your hair and scalp, which commonly loses during the dry and cold seasons.
- If you have boils or other skin infections on the face or neck region of your body, virgin coconut oil can soothe them by preventing further growth of bacteria that could cause more outbreaks.
- It also helps to speed up recovery time once any infection has been healed.
- Virgin coconut oil is a natural treatment that you can use to get rid of boils and other skin infections from the face or neck region quickly at home, without having to worry about it getting worse.
- It also works well for people who have sensitive skin. This is so because virgin coconut oil will not cause any adverse effects on your skin by causing more breakouts or irritating your skin further.
Help Reduce Frizz in Textured Hair
- Frizzy hair can happen to any type of hair, even virgin coconut oil which is known for its health benefits.
If your hair tends to be frizzy or dry at times when you wear it curly after washing it, virgin coconut oil will help reduce the frizz and give you smoother strands so that your curls look more defined than before.
- Virgin coconut oil can also help with styling your hair by improving the texture of virgin coconut oil. It doesn’t weigh down on your locks. You will enjoy a more manageable mane for styles such as buns or ponytails.
- The virgin coconut oil benefits include helping to reduce frizz in textured hair when applied regularly. Virgin coconut oil also makes hair look smoother when you wear it curly.
Virgin Coconut Oil Benefits for Skin
We just mentioned some of the advantages of cold-pressed virgin coconut oil for your hair and scalp, but that’s not all! Let’s have a look at some of the advantages of applying cold-pressed virgin or extra virgin coconut oil on your skin –
Hydrates and Moisturizes the skin
- Coconut oil has a high moisture content.
- It helps to maintain the skin’s natural oils, which protects it from dryness and infections.
- Apply it to your skin soon after you get out of the shower or bath; it forms a barrier over your skin. It prevents water from escaping, allowing your skin to stay hydrated and moisturized for longer!
Acts As Alternative To Shaving Cream
Shaving cream or soap? Not anymore! Coconut oil can be applied before you shave to give your skin an extra barrier of protection. It also helps the razor blade glide more easily across your skin, which means less irritation after shaving!
- Some virgin coconut oils are marketed as hair growth promoters. This is so because they contain high levels of vitamin E and medium-chain fatty acids that are known to stimulate hair growth. However, there is little research into virgin coconut oils’ ability to actually increase the rate of human hair growth!
- If you want virgin coconut oil for its anti-bacterial properties, it’s best. You can choose organic cold-pressed virgin coconut oil as opposed to refined or processed virgin coconut oil.
- This is because virgin coconut oil that is processed will have been exposed to higher amounts of heat.
- This high level of exposure breaks down the components. This includes the anti-bacterial properties, which makes it less effective than virgin or extra virgin cold-pressed virgin coconut oils.
Great For Use During Massages
Coconut oil’s natural ability to melt at a low temperature and become solid again makes it perfect for massage.
- The oil is often massaged into the skin or muscles in order to relax them and ease tension.
- It also helps reduce scarring, stretch marks, sun damage, and other imperfections on your body by moisturizing and improving circulation.
- The virgin coconut oils on the market differ in taste, aroma, and texture. The best virgin cold-pressed coconut oil is made from fresh coconuts that are not heated above 42 degrees Celsius.
- This ensures there are still some of the nutrients intact. Cold pressing also means minimal heat exposure so more enzymes remain active for better digestion!
Finding an effective virgin coconut oil is easier than you think.
- You can simply ask your favorite health food store or visit a website like Amazon and search for virgin coconut oils in order to find the most suitable choice!
Soothes Skin Conditions
- Some virgin coconut oils contain high levels of vitamin E and lauric acid. It helps to improve the health of your skin. It’s even better if you choose an organic virgin coconut oil that is also cold-pressed!
- Eczema occurs when the outer layer of your skin becomes dry or irritated. It results in itchy rashes all over the body. Symptoms of eczema include red, flaky skin and dry patches.
- Virgin coconut oil helps soothe these symptoms. This is so because it’s a natural moisturizer that hydrates your skin without clogging pores or aggravating the condition further.
- Psoriasis is another skin condition that causes scaly, inflamed rashes to appear on the skin. The rashes are typically red, dry patches of skin that can be itchy or painful to touch.
- One study found virgin coconut oil helped improve the symptoms of psoriasis by increasing moisture levels in patients’ damaged upper layers of their epidermis!
Is a Great Substitute For Skincare
Many chemical skincare products, makeup, and beauty products are full of harsh chemicals. It can strip away your skin’s healthy oils.
- Virgin coconut oil is a great choice for moisturizing your face or any other part of the body.
- Virgin coconut oil contains fatty acids which help dissolve dirt and grime on contact. It also locks in moisture, which is great for those with dry, flaky, or itchy skin.
- Choose virgin coconut oil if you want a natural alternative to chemical skincare products and makeup!
With so many benefits and uses for virgin coconut oil, it’s hard to understand why more people don’t use this natural remedy in their hair care routine. From preventing dandruff and getting rid of lice to treating scalp infections and controlling seborrhea dermatitis, the list goes on and on. You can also add a few drops to your shampoo or conditioner if you want an added boost! If you haven’t tried using tea tree oil yet, what are you waiting for? It could be just what your locks need. Give it a try today by clicking the link below!
A Word From MantraCare
If you are looking for more information on this topic or on Diabetes treatment, Online Therapy, Hypertension, PCOS treatment, Weight Loss, and Physiotherapy, please visit mantracare.org or feel free to reach out to us at +91-9711118331 or email at [email protected]. You can also download our free Android App or IOS app.
Here at Mantra Care, we have an incredibly skilled team of health care professionals and coaches. They will be happy to answer any questions and provide further information so you know what’s best for your unique needs.