It’s not easy to sleep when you’re constantly tired. A lack of sleep can cause dark circles under your eyes, which are made worse by the fact that they’re usually visible. If you want to know how to naturally remove dark circles, then this article is for you. Here are some tips and tricks that will help get rid of those pesky puffiness marks.
What Are Dark Circles?
When the blood vessels under your eyes enlarge, they become more visible through your skin. This causes a dark coloration around the eye area that is often referred to as “dark circles” or “bags”.
Dark circles under the eyes are a common condition, which causes puffiness and discoloration of the skin around your eye. They may be caused by aging or from lack of sleep. Dark circles under the eyes can make you look older than you really are.
What Causes Dark Circles?
There are many sources of dark circles, some of them are as follows:
Dehydration can cause them because the skin is less elastic when it lacks water. Dark circles due to dehydration usually fade on their own once you get more hydrated again.
- Lack of sleep or poor-quality sleep
You may have dark circles because you were up late studying or working an overnight shift. You also might have them because you watched TV until your eyes couldn’t stay open, and went to bed without washing away the day’s dirt and oils around your eyes.
As some people just seem prone to developing dark circles no matter what they do which isn’t entirely false since yes it could be caused by heredity although there still really hasn’t been enough research done on this topic yet.
- Hormonal Imbalances
If you have a hormonal imbalance, especially if it’s related to pregnancy or your menstrual cycle, dark circles can result from fluid retention around the eyes and not enough sleep. You may also experience them when taking oral contraceptives. Puffy under-eye bags are common during PMS/PMS symptoms as well.
- Vitamins Deficiency
It also occurs when there is a deficiency in certain vitamins or nutrients like Vitamin B12, Iron, or Folate for example vitamin C retinol helps reduce pigmentation around eyes as well as under-eye bags.
What Causes Eye Puffiness?
Eye puffiness can be caused by many different things. Some of the most common include allergies, sinus problems, water retention, and lack of sleep
- Allergies: When a person has allergies, it could cause their eyes to become puffy. This is because the body releases the histamine in response to allergens that can trigger swelling and fluid retention around the eye area.
- Sinus Problem: Puffy under the eyes can be a result of sinus problems that cause pressure to build up in the face and head. This causes fluid buildup which increases inflammation around blood vessels, resulting in dark circles under your eyes.
- Water Retention: This can cause puffiness around your eyes which is a common symptom that many people will experience from this condition. In some severe cases, you may see excess fluid collecting in certain areas such as under the skin or even on the eyelids causing dark circles to develop around your eye area.
Common Reasons For Dark Circles
- Medical conditions (such as diabetes)
Home Remedies to remove dark circles Naturally
There are many possible home remedies that can you to remove dark circles at home without making many efforts, some of them are mentioned below:
- They are rich in antioxidants that help reduce puffiness around the eyes. Use them under your eye area as an anti-aging cream overnight. you can also use cucumber that has been chilled in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Cucumber contains silica which is highly effective in reducing dark circles. It has soothing and astringent properties which help in reducing the puffiness of your eyes.
- Cut a cucumber into thin slices. Put them on your eyelids for about 15 minutes to reduce dark circles under the eye area. You can also add other ingredients such as honey, milk cream, or yogurt to make it more effective
- It is very useful for getting rid of dark circles naturally due to its Vitamin C content which helps brighten up the skin over time. Mix with honey or rosewater before applying it on the face at night for best results.
- Lemon juice is another great way of removing those pesky eye bags from your face because it’s extremely acidic. This acidity helps break down fatty deposits below your skin’s surface that cause discoloration on the thin layer of tissue just under your lower eyelid.
- It helps lighten up the whole face due to its antioxidant properties like caffeine which reduces inflammation and also has high levels of Vitamin B12 & E which boost collagen production. Apply a mixture of Green Teabags (or powder) milk or water before leaving it overnight.
- Put green tea bags in cold water. Put this on your eyes while you are lying down for 30 minutes. After one week, you will see a difference in how bright your eyes look after taking off your clothes. Another option is to mix half cucumber and half green tea before putting them around your eye for 20 minutes.
- It is useful for getting rid of dark circles due to its anti-inflammatory & soothing properties which help reduce the appearance of under-eye bags and puffiness in no time. Use chilled or warm water with a few drops of rosewater applied directly around the eyes before going off to sleep at night.
- Rosewater has been used for centuries to naturally treat dark circles under the eyes. It works as a natural astringent so it will help tighten and tone your skin, reducing puffiness around the area which can make dark circles more pronounced.
- The sandalwood powder reduces inflammation and redness, while its anti-bacterial properties fight against acne or blemishes. In addition, it absorbs excess oil from the surface of your skin making sure dark circles stay away all day long.
- It has high levels of Vitamin E which helps rejuvenate tired skin cells, remove any signs of aging & promote collagen production too! Mix sandalwood powder (for best results) with milk cream or coconut oil and apply it on your face like you would do with any other home remedy mask pack every day after cleaning your face.
- coconut oil is one of the best natural remedies for dark circles this eye cream has good fats that help cell turnover around your eyes, so signs of fatigue and age will fade. It also reduces inflammation and dry skin.
- It is amazingly used as an anti-aging, anti-acne & moisturizing agent which helps reduce the appearance of dark circles naturally. Apply a thin layer on your under-eye area every night before going to sleep for the best results.
- Papaya contains a large amount of vitamin c. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that helps to protect the skin from environmental damage and prevents signs of aging by neutralizing free radicals.
- The acid in this fruit also aids in exfoliating dead skin cells which will brighten your complexion. Papaya also has minerals such as zinc, potassium, iron, calcium, and magnesium. These ingredients work together to help lighten dark under-eye circles naturally without any harsh chemicals or toxins.
- Papayas have Vitamin C and antioxidants that help remove free radicals from the skin. Mashup papayas with yogurt or buttermilk and apply it to your eyes as an overnight pack once a week. You will notice results in just a few weeks.
- Almond oil is a natural ingredient that can help to remove dark circles this oil has been used for a long time. It helps your skin to get better and also works as an anti-aging treatment. This is because it contains fatty acids, which can get deep into your skin without blocking your pores. Its high vitamin E content helps nourish the delicate skin surrounding the eyes.
- It is used by many women all over the world as one of their go-to home remedies to treat dark circles mainly because it contains Vitamins A & E along with proteins and antioxidants that help rejuvenate the skin and also reduce inflammation. Apply a thin layer of almond oil around your eyes before going to sleep for the best results.
- Tomatoes have vitamin C, which helps to make your skin look brighter. They also have lycopene, which is good for your eyes. It can reduce the swelling under your eyes and get rid of puffiness.
- Put a slice of fresh tomato on each closed eye for 15 minutes twice daily; You can use cotton pads soaked in diluted tomato juice to get rid of dark circles. Just half the juice with water. Do this every day before going to bed for maximum effect.
- The medical treatment to remove dark circles is based on the use of corticoid injections. This type of injection helps reduce inflammation and fluid retention that causes swelling.
- It can be helpful for those who suffer from chronic eye bags, but it does not treat the root cause of this condition. In addition, side effects such as bruising or redness around the eyes may occur after injecting them with a needle.
- This procedure involves injecting a small amount of filler under your eyes. This will make the skin there look better and take away wrinkles. This helps lift up drooping skin and create more definition around the eyes so that they appear less sunken-in.
- The medical treatment to remove dark circles is a process that can take up to six months.
- The first step of the treatment includes applying topical creams under the eye for approximately two weeks.
- You are required to apply the oral medication every day with the topical cream until you have finished six months.
- This will take a lot of time. It will take more than one visit to the doctor and more visits after they are done before you can see any results.
If you wish to remove your dark circles faster and in a healthier way, you can make dietary changes as well some of them are as follows:
- Many foods can affect the appearance of dark circles under your eyes. Eating an unhealthy diet that is low in zinc and Vitamin K can cause you to have dark skin around your eyes.
- Try including more fresh fruits such as blueberries, strawberries, oranges, kiwis, and grapefruit into your diet along with leafy greens like kale, spinach, and collard greens which are all high in antioxidants.
- Drinking at least eight glasses of water a day will help flush toxins out of your body. This will make you pee more, which makes you less itchy and the dark rings under your eyes go away too.
- Other vitamins that aid in removing dark circles include Vitamin E & C because they are anti-inflammatory agents that reduce the amount of blood collected in the capillaries below your eyes.
Our article has provided all the information you need to know about dark circles under your eyes. The best way to get rid of them is by using different techniques, depending on why they are there. You can easily fix these eye problems with natural remedies or products that are available at home without any side effects. There are many ways to get relief from tired-looking eyes. We have a list of them. Pick one that is the best for you.
A Word From Mantra Care
If you are looking for more information on this topic or Diabetes treatment, Online Therapy, Hypertension, PCOS treatment, Weight Loss, and Physiotherapy, please visit mantracare.org or feel free to reach out to us at +91-9711118331 or email at [email protected]. You can also download our free Android App or IOS app.
Here at Mantra Care, we have an incredibly skilled team of health care professionals and coaches who will be happy to answer any questions and provide further information so you know what’s best for your unique needs.