How are you feeling about your authenticity lately? If you’re not sure, or if something feels off, don’t worry. You are not alone. We live in a world where it is easy to be someone we’re not. The Internet has allowed us to create an identity that stands for what we want people to know about us instead of who we are. It’s hard to find out what being authentic means when everything around us tells us otherwise – but there is hope! In this blog post, we are going to tell you crucial steps on how to become more authentic (how to be authentic). So that you can stop living inauthentically and start living authentically!
- 1 What Is Being Authentic?
- 2 How To Be Authentic?
- 3 How to Maintain Authenticity?
- 4 Take Authenticity to the Next Level!
- 5 Conclusion
What Is Being Authentic?
Being authentic means that you are not living inauthentically. You can be 100% yourself and feel comfortable with who you truly are! It’s simple, right?
Not really… Most of us go through life trying to fit into a certain mold because we want people around us to like us and think we’re cool (or whatever).
We want people to think we’re strong. We want to be seen as successful and smart. And the biggest fear of all – that someone will realize who we are and stop liking us!
Why You Should Be Authentic?
Being authentic has its relevance.
- You become more comfortable with yourself which leads you to become happier, healthier, and live longer.
- You’ll also be more successful and have better relationships!
So, authenticity is worth it! Being authentic means being who you are. No matter what – even if that’s different from how everyone else acts or thinks. It isn’t easy, but why should it be? If everything was easy, then we wouldn’t appreciate the journey as much.
How We Lose Our Authenticity?
Somewhere along the way, we lost our authenticity. It was replaced with inauthenticity – a façade that we put up to make ourselves look good.
And it worked… for a while. But eventually, the cracks started to show and people could see through the act.
It’s not easy to stay authentic when we’re constantly bombarded with messages that tell us otherwise!
NOTE: Our society has lost its sense of authenticity because it is more interested in fame and fortune. The pressure to succeed has driven people to do whatever it takes to get to the top.
What Are Things That Make You Lose Your Authenticity?
Several things make us lose our authenticity. Here is the list:
- Worrying About What Others Think Of You (and trying too hard to impress them)
- Trying To Fit In With The People Around You (and changing who you are in order to do it)
- Going Along With The Crowd (and doing things just because everyone else is doing them)
- Putting Up An Act To Make Yourself Look Better Than You Are (which makes you feel like a phony and people can tell!)
What Are The Consequences Of Losing Authenticity?
The loss of authenticity has horrible consequences.
- We are constantly living in fear that someone will find out who we are and not like us anymore!
- There’s also the pressure to always be on because everyone is watching our every move – all the time.
- To make matters worse, there isn’t enough room for mistakes or vulnerability. So we put on a mask and act like everything is okay, even when it’s not.
- When we go too far with inauthenticity (and cross over into phoniness), it can take a serious toll on our mental health!
NOTE: When we lose connection with ourselves, might become depressed and anxious – which is super common these days. And that’s not even getting into how destructive it is for your relationships!
Why Overcoming Inauthenticity Is So Hard?
Overcoming inauthenticity is hard because it means we have to let go of who we think we’re supposed to be and become who we are meant to be.
It’s scary! And it’s so much easier to just stay in our comfort zone and keep pretending to be someone we’re not.
How To Be Authentic?
So how do we develop authenticity? It’s simple, but it takes a lot of effort.
This is the most important step! You have to start by being yourself and accepting who you are. Don’t try to be someone you think others want you to be.
Being honest means that you don’t lie, even if it’s about something small. It’s important to be truthful with yourself and others because it builds trust.
Transparency is being open and honest about your feelings, thoughts, and actions. People respect those who have nothing to hide. Transparency leads you to develop trust and people will always appreciate your honesty!
Be Authentic In All Areas of Your Life
You can’t just be authentic in some areas of life, but not others. It won’t work that way – the best thing about being yourself is that it applies everywhere! You don’t have to change who you are when you’re with different people. Just be yourself and let your authentic self shine through!
- Don’t try to be someone else (Be yourself)
- No matter how small the things are that you’re hiding (or what others think) (Be honest)
- Let people into your life and don’t keep everything bottled up inside (Be transparent)
- Maintain authenticity in all areas of your life and with every person you meet (Be authentic)
NOTE: So there you have it – the basics of how to be authentic! It’s not as easy as you might think, but it is possible.
How to Maintain Authenticity?
Once you’ve developed authenticity, it’s important to maintain it. Here are some tips on how to do that:
Don’t Compare Yourself To Others
It’s easy to start comparing yourself to others and feeling like you’re not good enough. But remember, everyone is different and that’s a good thing! You don’t want to be like everyone else, you want to be unique!
Stay True To Yourself
It can be tough to stay true to yourself when the going gets tough, but it’s worth it! If you stick to who you are, no matter what, then you’ll never have to worry about losing your authenticity.
Take Time for Yourself
It’s important to take time for yourself and relax. This will help you connect with your authentic self and feel more comfortable.
It’s ok to change your mind – being flexible allows you to have a better understanding of different people and situations which ultimately leads to developing trust! It also shows that you’re authentic because everyone changes their minds sometimes!
In A Nutshell
- Don’t let other people’s expectations of you influence your feelings about yourself
- Let go of the need to impress others and be comfortable with who you are!
- Stay true to yourself even if it means disappointing or upsetting other people in your life. It’s a part of being authentic, so embrace it!
Take Authenticity to the Next Level!
So, once you’ve mastered being yourself, it’s time to take things up a notch! Now, it’s time to take your authenticity to the next level by following these tips:
Be Unapologetically Yourself
Don’t be ashamed or try to hide who you are. It will only make people uncomfortable around you because they can sense something is up. Express your authentic self and be proud of who you are!
Show Your Emotions
It’s okay to show how you feel, even if it means crying in public. People will appreciate the fact that you aren’t afraid to express yourself (especially after they’ve seen how fake other people act).
Take Responsibility For Yourself
Don’t blame others for your problems. Own up to the fact that you’re responsible for yourself and nobody else is (although it’s hard sometimes).
Be Open To Change
If something isn’t working in your life, change it! Don’t cling to things just because they make you feel safe or comfortable. Learn from experience rather than living in fear.
Never Give Up On Yourself
If you make a mistake, don’t beat yourself up over it! No one is perfect and everyone has their off days. The important thing is that you learn from your mistakes and move forward with strength and determination.
- Start living by your values and principles, rather than those of others.
- Be more authentic in your relationships – let people see the real you and connect with them on a deeper level.
- Express yourself more clearly and honestly – don’t be afraid to disagree with other people.
- Be authentic at work, too! It will make you a better employee if your boss knows what he’s getting from you every day.
It’s time to take your authenticity all the way – not just in some areas of life but everywhere! This means that you don’t have to pretend with yourself or others. You can just be yourself and people will appreciate that more than anything else!
NOTE: Authenticity is key to a happy, fulfilling life – follow these tips and you’ll be well on your way!
In the end, authenticity isn’t just about being yourself – it’s about living a life that is true to yourself. It’s about being honest, transparent, and genuine in everything you do. And it’s not always easy, but it’s worth it! So don’t give up on yourself – keep striving for authenticity and live your best life! Because authenticity is a valuable thing and should be treasured.
Also, being authentic is a journey, not a destination. It takes time and effort to develop authenticity, but it’s worth it in the end! Just remember to be yourself, be honest, be transparent, and be authentic in all areas of your life. And most importantly, maintain it!