Motivation is the driving force behind your actions. It’s what keeps you going when things get tough and it’s what inspires you to take action in the first place. When motivation is high, everything seems possible! Motivation can come from within or without; either way, it will help fuel your fire for success. Luckily, there are many ways that you can stay motivated and keep this feeling of inspiration alive!
- 1 Meaning Of Motivation
- 1.1 Types Of Motivation
- 1.2 Symptoms That You Do Not Have Motivation
- 1.3 Benefits of Motivation
- 1.4 Reasons You May Not Be Motivated Anymore
- 1.5 Ways To Get Motivated
- 1.6 Sources Of Internal Motivation
- 1.7 Sources Of External Motivation
- 1.8 Negative Impact Of Lack Of Motivation
- 1.9 Motivation For Kids
- 1.10 Motivation At Workplace
- 2 Conclusion
- 3 A Word From Mantra Care
Meaning Of Motivation
The definition of motivation is the reason or reasons for acting or behaving in a particular way. In other words, it’s what gets you going and keeps you going. It’s important to know your motivations for anything that you do because this will help keep you on track when things get tough.
If you’re having a hard time staying motivated, here are some ways to help! This is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to motivation techniques. If one doesn’t work for you, try another – keep at it until you find what works best!
- Motivational Videos – Watch videos that inspire you to take action. This could be anything from a TED Talk on success, to interviews with successful entrepreneurs who have achieved what you want in life.
- Get Support – Surround yourself with people that are going after the same things as you and help each other succeed! You’re more likely to push through tough times if someone else is pushing with you.
- Tools and Technology – Many apps support your motivation! Some examples: Zombies, Run!, which is an app for running; Lift, a habit-building app; and Coach. me, another habit-building app dedicated to helping you succeed in the long run. Also, consider any wearable technology such as Fitbit or Jawbone to keep track of your progress and inspire you to do more.
- Set Goals – This is a classic technique that still works! When you have something specific to work towards, it’s easier to stay motivated. Make sure your goals are SMART: Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-bound.
Types Of Motivation
There are many different types of motivation, but here are a few that you may be familiar with:
- Achievement Motivation – The desire to achieve something tangible, such as winning a race or getting a promotion at work. This type of motivation often comes from within and is fueled by our desires and ambitions.
- Power Motivation – The desire to influence others and gain power over them. Power motivation often comes from an external source, such as a boss or other authority figure at work.
- Affiliation Motivation – Wanting positive relationships with people around you. This is different than power motivation because affiliation motivation comes from the need for love and acceptance rather than control and domination.
- Task Motivation – The desire to complete a task, such as writing a paper or painting a picture. This type of motivation is often externally driven and comes from deadlines or other people’s expectations.
Symptoms That You Do Not Have Motivation
There are some signs that you may not be motivated. Here are a few:
- Procrastination – This is the act of delaying or postponing something that needs to be done. It’s usually a sign that you’re not interested in what you’re doing and don’t have the motivation to do it.
- Feeling unmotivated – This is a feeling that you may experience when you don’t have any inspiration or drive to do anything. It’s usually accompanied by feelings of boredom, lethargy, and apathy.
- Lack of progress – If you’re working hard but not seeing results, it can be demotivating. It’s important to track your progress so that you can see how much work you’re putting in and that it’s paying off!
- Inability to finish what you start – It’s important to know when enough is enough. However, if you feel like everything is a struggle and nothing seems to be working out for you, try identifying the root of your problem–is it because something isn’t right, or are you just unmotivated?
- Lack of enthusiasm – This is being unable to show enthusiasm for anything. It’s usually accompanied by feelings of apathy and boredom.
- Not having a reason why – If you don’t know what your “why” is, it can be hard to stay motivated! Knowing the reason behind everything you do can help you push through when times get tough.
Benefits of Motivation
Motivation is essential to achieving your goals! It’s what keeps you going and gives you the extra boost that you need to succeed. Here are some benefits of motivation:
- Positive mindset – When you’re motivated, it’s easier to have a positive mindset and see the good in everything.
- Increased productivity – Motivated people tend to be more productive because they have a sense of urgency and are driven to achieve their goals.
- Higher quality work – When you’re motivated, you’ll put more effort into your work and strive for excellence.
- Better health habits – This is because people who are motivated tend to take better care of themselves, which leads to a higher quality of life.
Reasons You May Not Be Motivated Anymore
Are you having trouble finding the motivation to work on your goals? Here are some reasons why:
- You’re unmotivated by the goal itself – Your goals must inspire you and make you excited to achieve them! If they don’t, it may be time to find new goals.
- You’re not seeing any progress – This can be very demotivating, especially if you’ve been working hard on your goal for a while. Make sure to track your progress so that you can see how much work you’ve put in!
- You don’t know why – If you can’t identify the reason behind what you’re doing, it’s hard to stay motivated. Make sure to figure out your “why” and everything will fall into place!
- You aren’t setting SMART goals and tracking progress- Setting smart and actionable goals is essential to staying motivated. Make sure you’re taking the time to track your progress and celebrating every victory, no matter how small!
Ways To Get Motivated
There are many ways that you can get motivated! Here are a few:
- Find an inspiration – This can be someone who has achieved what you want to achieve or someone who is currently working on a similar goal.
- Change your environment – This can mean changing your workspace, listening to different types of music, or reading inspirational quotes.
- Talk to someone about your goals – When you tell other people about your goals, it makes them more real and gives you a sense of accountability. This will help you stay motivated!
- Set SMART goals – Setting smart and actionable goals is essential to staying motivated. Make sure you’re taking the time to track your progress and celebrating every victory, no matter how small!
How often do you find yourself unmotivated? Does this sound like something that might happen to me? What are some benefits of motivation? Do you think these reasons apply to me? How can I get motivated again? What steps should I take or things should I do to help myself out with this problem that is happening for me right now. How about other people, what would they need to do if they felt unmotivated?
Sources Of Internal Motivation
- Identify your “why” – knowing the reason behind everything you do can give you the extra boost of motivation when times get tough.
- Set goals and track progress – this will help you stay focused and motivated, as you’ll be able to see how much work you’ve put in and how far you’ve come.
- Find an inspiration – this can be someone who has achieved what you want to achieve or someone who is currently working on a similar goal.
- Celebrate every victory, no matter how small! – This will help keep you motivated and push you through the tough times.
Sources Of External Motivation
- Money/material possessions – Some people are motivated by money and material possessions. However, having too much of these things could lead to unhappiness instead of happiness.
- Achievement – People who are motivated by achievement may find satisfaction in getting an A on their test or winning a race. This can be very motivating for some people!
- Power/influence – Some people like the feeling of having power over others, which can be motivating. However, this type of motivation usually doesn’t last very long and isn’t sustainable.
- Reward/recognition – If you’re motivated by rewards or recognition for your work, it may not always last forever either! This is because when the reward goes away so does the motivation to continue working hard.
Negative Impact Of Lack Of Motivation
A lack of motivation can lead to negative consequences for you and your life. These may include:
- Not getting enough done – If you don’t have the drive or desire to do something, it is difficult to finish tasks!
- Feeling irritable/depressed- You may feel unmotivated because you are lacking energy due to depression or anxiety. If this is the case, make sure to talk to someone about it!
- Feelings of guilt – You may feel guilty for not being able to accomplish certain tasks or goals, so take some time and figure out what’s holding you back from success!
- Lack of productivity – This can lead to a decrease in your income and could even cost you your job.
- Inability to meet deadlines – This can cause problems with school, work, or other important commitments.
- Health problems – A lack of motivation can also lead to health problems such as obesity, heart disease, and diabetes.
So as you can see, it is important to stay motivated to live a successful and productive life! If you find yourself struggling with this, don’t worry – there are plenty of ways to get back on track. Just remember to take things one step at a time and celebrate every victory along the way!
Motivation For Kids
Kids can get motivated in different ways, but usually, it’s best to find out what motivates them specifically. Some things that may work for kids include:
- Achievement – Kids love feeling like they’ve accomplished something and are capable of doing great things!
- Friendship/support – Having friends who support their goals can be very motivating for kids.
- Money/material possessions – While this may not work for all kids, some may be motivated by the prospect of receiving money or material possessions as a reward.
- Creativity – Kids often enjoy being creative and expressing themselves through various activities.
- Physical activity – This can include anything from running to playing sports!
So as you can see, many different things can motivate kids. It’s important to find out what works best for them and help them stay on track!
Motivation At Workplace
Everyone needs a little motivation now and then! However, motivating yourself at work can be pretty difficult. It’s important to find out what motivates you in the workplace because that could help keep you focused on your goals. Some things that may motivate people to include:
- Achievement – Feeling like they’ve accomplished something is very motivating for many people.
- Money/material possessions – Receiving a promotion, bonus, or salary increase can be very motivating!
- Friendship/support – Having a good work relationship with your boss or co-workers can make the workday more enjoyable.
- Creativity – Being able to be creative and come up with new ideas is always motivating!
- Physical activity – Getting up and moving around every once in a while can help get the blood flowing. So as you can see, many different types of motivation may work for people at their jobs! If you find yourself struggling to stay motivated, try taking some time to think about what motivates you specifically and use that as your driving force.
The key to motivation is understanding what motivates you. It’s not as simple as reading a book or watching a video and suddenly deciding that this will be your new life philosophy. Motivation is an ongoing process, but by starting with the right mindset and figuring out what works for YOU, we believe it becomes easier over time. We’re here to help you find YOUR keys to success! Let us know if we can answer any questions about how to stay motivated in everyday life so that you can reach your goals.
A Word From Mantra Care
Your mental health — your psychological, emotional, and social well-being — has an impact on every aspect of your life. Positive mental health essentially allows you to effectively deal with life’s everyday challenges.
At Mantra Care, we have a team of therapists who provide affordable online therapy to assist you with issues such as depression, anxiety, stress, relationship, OCD, LGBTQ, and PTSD. You can take our mental health test. You can also book a free therapy or download our free Android or iOS app.