Many people are going through a rough time in their life. This means that they lost someone that they loved. For example, their mom or dad died. Or maybe it is something else, like a baby being born with a serious illness or disability. It can be really hard to cope if this happens and you don’t get support from family and friends. This article provides some tips to help you survive when life takes a turn!
How Does It Feel Like Going Through A Rough Time?
It can be tough and feel isolating when you are going through a rough time. You may feel like you are the only one going through this, but know that you are not alone. Many people have faced challenges in their life, so you can get through this as well!
Reasons For Rough Times In Life
Sometimes people face a rough time because of things that happen in their lives. For example, they might lose someone close to them or get into an accident and end up hospitalized for months at a hospital. Sometimes people may lose their job or end a marriage. These reasons can cause financial hardship.
It is important to have good family and friends when you are going through tough times. Learning about what is happening in the world can help you understand it. It can also help you feel connected. Lastly, don’t be afraid to ask for help when you need it! In life, there are many people who want to help you. They will do anything they can to help you succeed.
How To Survive When Life Takes A Turn
There are many ways that you can survive when life takes a turn. Here are some tips:
- Lean on your family and friends: Family and friends may not always know exactly what to say, but they can be there for you. Sometimes just spending time with them or having a conversation is helpful!
- Be open about your feelings: It’s good to talk to someone when going through a rough time because it gives an opportunity for people to understand how you could be feeling. It can also help you to process your thoughts and feelings!
- Stay connected: Try to remain connected with the people in your life, even if it is just through social media. This can help you feel like you are still a part of the world!
- Get creative: Doing things that make you happy can be really helpful when going through a tough time. Maybe this means painting, writing, dancing, or listening to music.
- Take care of yourself: One of the most important things is to take care of yourself! Make sure you are eating well, getting enough sleep, and exercising. If needed, reach out for professional help. There are many resources available to help people who are going through a difficult time!
Role Of Family And Friends
A common belief is that family and friends should be there for you when going through a rough time. However, some people may not offer support or they don’t know how to help. While this can feel very disappointing, it does not mean that these people do not care about you at all! They might have their own problems in life and find it difficult to offer support. If you find that your family and friends are not there for you, it is important to reach out to other resources like a therapist or counselor.
What If Nobody Supports?
If you find that your family and friends are not there for you, it is important to reach out to other resources like a therapist or counselor. These professionals can provide support and guidance as you work through your tough time!
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline provides crisis counseling and supports 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Trevor Project: The Trevor Project offers crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to LGBTQ youth.
- SAMHSA’s Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator: This locator can help you find mental health and substance abuse treatment services in your area.
- MantraCare: This service can help you find a therapist in your area.
- Psychology Today: This website provides an extensive database of therapists and counselors who specialize in many different areas such as depression, anxiety, grief, etc.
Helping Someone Going Through A Rough Time
If you would like to help a loved one going through a rough time, there are many things that you can do. Here is some advice:
- Be patient and supportive: This person is going through a hard time. It may take them a long time to respond to texts or emails. Don’t judge them for anything they said. Their timing may not be right.
- Ask what you can do: Sometimes just asking if there is something specific they need from you can go a long way. For example, maybe your friend needs someone to talk with but doesn’t want any food during these tough times.
- Reach out yourself: If possible, try reaching out yourself so they know that you are there for them. However, maybe they don’t want to talk or be around anyone at the moment and that is okay too!
- Be honest: If you haven’t been in touch but really want to help your loved one out, let them know. Sometimes it’s tough for people with depression to reach out when going through a rough time; however, if given support from others it can make all of the difference.
- Reach Out For Professional Help: There are many resources available to help people who are going through a difficult time! It’s important to ask for help. Sometimes, we need someone else to give us their thoughts or feelings or they can understand what we are feeling. It may not always be easy reaching out during times like these but it can be very helpful.
You might be going through a rough time, but it doesn’t have to stay that way. It is important for you to know what you can do. Different things may help you get back on your feet. You don’t need to go through this alone! There are so many different ways for people who may be struggling with depression or anxiety. When you are trying to solve a problem, it is best to talk about it with someone else who might know what they can do to help. Ask them if there is anything they can do. That way, both parties will feel supported and not be worried about asking for help. We are all stronger when we work together than when we work alone.
A Word From Mantra Care
Your mental health — your psychological, emotional, and social well-being — has an impact on every aspect of your life. Positive mental health essentially allows you to effectively deal with life’s everyday challenges.
At Mantra Care, we have a team of therapists who provide affordable online therapy to assist you with issues such as depression, anxiety, stress, relationship, OCD, LGBTQ, and PTSD. You can take our mental health test. You can also book a free therapy or download our free Android or iOS app.