Want to implement EAP / Wellness program?
"*" indicates required fields
Employee mental health in Australia
Mental health is a growing concern in the Australian workplace. In 2015, one in six Australians aged 16-64 experienced a mental health condition in the previous 12 months. This equates to approximately 3.2 million people.
Mental health conditions can have a significant impact on employees and businesses. They can lead to absenteeism, presenteeism (when employees are at work but not productive) and turnover. They can also affect an individual’s physical health, productivity, relationships and social functioning.
There are a number of things that businesses can do to support employee mental health. These include providing access to counseling and employee assistance programs, promoting flexible working arrangements, and offering training on how to manage stress and build resilience.
Benefits of the EAP program in Australia
The EAP program provides a number of benefits to employees, including:
1. Increased job satisfaction – The EAP program can help employees feel more satisfied with their jobs, as it provides them with support and resources to deal with job-related stressors.
2. Improved work performance – The EAP program can also help employees improve their work performance, as it can help them deal with personal issues that may be affecting their work.
3. Reduced absenteeism – The EAP program can help reduce absenteeism, as it can help employees deal with personal issues that may be causing them to miss work.
4. Increased job retention – The EAP program can also help increase job retention, as it can help employees deal with personal issues that may be causing them to leave their jobs.
5. Improved morale – The EAP program can improve morale, as it can help employees feel supported and valued by their employer.
6. Greater productivity – The EAP program can also lead to greater productivity, as it can help employees deal with personal issues that may be affecting their work.
7. Enhanced well-being – The EAP program can enhance well-being, as it can help employees deal with personal issues that may be affecting their health.
Top EAP providers in Australia
MantraCare is a leading provider of employee assistance programs in the Australia. They augment their EAP program with Yoga, mindfulness & meditation for employees. The company offers a wide range of services, including counseling, coaching, physical wellbeing programs for diabetes, physio, women’s wellness & more.
Headspace is one of the leading EAP providers in Australia. They offer a range of services including counseling, support groups, and online resources. Headspace can help with a variety of issues such as stress, anxiety, depression, and more.
Lifeline is another top EAP provider in Australia. They offer a 24/7 crisis line as well as counseling and support services. Lifeline can help with a variety of issues such as stress, anxiety, depression, and more.
Blue Knot Foundation is an EAP provider that specializes in supporting survivors of childhood trauma. They offer counseling, support groups, and online resources. Blue Knot can help with a variety of issues such as stress, anxiety, depression, and more.
Cost of EAP program in Australia
The cost of an EAP program will vary depending on the provider, the size of the company, and the services offered.
The cost of an employee assistance program (EAP) in Australia can vary depending on the provider, the size of the organization, and the number of employees. However, as a general guide, an EAP will typically cost between $5 and $15 per employee per month. Larger organizations with more employees may pay slightly more, while smaller organizations with fewer employees may pay less. Ultimately, the cost of an EAP is a small price to pay for the peace of mind and support that it can provide.
MantraCare is the most cost-effective among all the EAP providers with plans starting at $3 per employee.