Want to implement EAP / Wellness program?
"*" indicates required fields
Mental health problems are a significant cause of absenteeism from work in South Africa, with an estimated annual cost to the economy of R17.5 billion. The majority of employees with mental health problems do not receive any treatment or support.
There is a lack of awareness about mental health problems and how to treat them. This means that many people with mental health problems do not get the help they need.
Mental health problems are often seen as personal failing, rather than an illness that needs medical treatment. This can make it difficult for people to seek help
Benefits of the EAP program in South Africa
The EAP program provides a number of benefits to employees, including:
1. Access to confidential counseling and support services – Employees can confidentially discuss personal or work-related problems with a counselor, and receive help in resolving these issues.
2. Reduced stress and anxiety – The EAP can help employees reduce stress and anxiety by providing counseling and support.
3. Improved work performance – The EAP can help employees improve their work performance by providing counseling and support.
4. Increased job satisfaction – The EAP can help employees increase their job satisfaction by providing counseling and support.
5. Enhanced communication and conflict resolution skills – The EAP can help employees enhance their communication and conflict resolution skills by providing counseling and support.
6. Greater work/life balance – The EAP can help employees achieve a greater work/life balance by providing counseling and support.
7. Better physical health – The EAP can help employees improve their physical health by providing counseling and support.
8. Improved mental health – The EAP can help employees improve their mental health by providing counseling and support.
9. Access to financial resources and services – Employees can access financial resources and services through the EAP to help with personal financial problems.
10. Increased productivity – The EAP can help employees increase their productivity by providing counseling and support.
Top EAP providers in South Africa
MantraCare is a leading provider of employee assistance programs in the South Africa. They augment their EAP program with Yoga, mindfulness & meditation for employees. The company offers a wide range of services, including counseling, coaching, physical wellbeing programs for diabetes, physio, women’s wellness & more.
Careways is another top EAP provider in South Africa that has been offering services for over 30 years now. It provides confidential counseling and support to employees, their families, and dependents.
SABPP is the largest EAP provider in South Africa that offers a wide range of services to its clients. It has a team of experienced counselors who can help you with any kind of problem.
Cost of EAP program in South Africa
The cost of an EAP program will vary depending on the provider, the size of the company, and the services offered.
The cost of an EAP can vary depending on the provider but typically starts at around R500 per month for a small business. Larger businesses may pay up to R10 000 per month for an EAP. However, the majority of businesses fall somewhere between these two extremes. Ultimately, the cost of an EAP is something that should be considered in the context of the benefits it can provide. For example, an EAP can help to improve employee morale and productivity, as well as reduce absenteeism and turnover. When these factors are taken into account, the cost of an EAP is often seen as a worthwhile investment.
MantraCare is the most cost-effective among all the EAP providers with plans starting at $3 per employee.