Want to implement EAP / Wellness program?
"*" indicates required fields
Employee mental health in Ghana
According to recent studies, employee mental health is a growing concern in Ghana. In a study conducted by the World Health Organization, it was found that 62% of respondents reported feeling overwhelmed by work demands, while 54% said they felt anxious about their job. Additionally, 43% of employees said they felt depressed due to work-related stress.
These findings highlight the need for employers to do more to support the mental health of their employees. There are a number of steps that employers can take to create a more supportive environment for employees, including providing support and resources, encouraging open communication, and promoting a healthy work-life balance.
Benefits of the EAP program in Ghana
The EAP program provides employees with a variety of benefits, including:
1. Access to confidential counseling services: Employees can confidentially discuss work-related concerns with a counselor, who can provide guidance and support.
2. Improved work performance: The EAP can help employees identify and address personal issues that may be affecting their work performance.
3. Reduced stress: The EAP can help employees manage work-related stressors, which can improve their overall well-being.
4. Increased job satisfaction: The EAP can help employees feel more satisfied with their jobs, leading to increased productivity and retention.
5. Enhanced workplace morale: The EAP can create a more positive workplace environment by helping employees resolve personal issues.
6. Greater employee productivity: The EAP can help employees focus on their work and be more productive.
7. Fewer job-related accidents: The EAP can help employees identify and address safety concerns, which can reduce the risk of accidents.
8. Lower health care costs: The EAP can help employees manage personal issues that may impact their physical and mental health, leading to lower healthcare costs.
9. Reduced absenteeism: The EAP can help employees resolve personal issues that may cause them to miss work, resulting in fewer absences.
10. Increased employee retention: The EAP can help employees feel more satisfied with their jobs, leading to increased loyalty and retention.
Top EAP providers in Ghana
MantraCare is a leading provider of employee assistance programs in the Ghana. They augment their EAP program with Yoga, mindfulness & meditation for employees. The company offers a wide range of services, including counseling, coaching, physical wellbeing programs for diabetes, physio, women’s wellness & more.
Asante is a leading provider of EAP services in Ghana. They have a team of experienced counselors who provide confidential counseling and support to employees and their families.
GELAMH is a leading provider of EAP services in Ghana. They offer a wide range of services including counseling, crisis intervention, and employee assistance programs.
Transcend is a leading provider of EAP services in Ghana. They offer confidential counseling and support to employees and their families. Their counselors are experienced and knowledgeable about a variety of issues that can affect employees.
Cost of EAP program in Ghana
The cost of an EAP program will vary depending on the provider, the size of the company, and the services offered.
The cost of an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) in Ghana can vary depending on the size and scope of the program. For a small organization, the cost may be as low as $500 per year. For a large organization, the cost may be as high as $5,000 per year. There are many factors that will affect the cost of an EAP, such as the number of employees, the type of services offered, and the location of the program. The cost of an EAP is typically lower in Ghana than in other countries due to the lower cost of living and the availability of affordable health care.
MantraCare is the most cost-effective among all the EAP providers with plans starting at $3 per employee.