Psychoanalytic couples therapy is a form of therapy. It focuses on helping couples to better understand and address the underlying emotional and psychological issues. This type of therapy is rooted in the theories and principles of psychoanalysis. In this article, we will discuss those theories and principles, also the process of this therapy, and its benefits.
- 1 Understanding Psychoanalytic Couples Therapy
- 2 Principles and Theories Behind This Therapy
- 3 What to Expect In A Session?
- 4 Benefits of Psychoanalytic Couples Therapy
- 5 Limitations of Psychoanalytic Couples Therapy
- 6 Choosing a Qualified Psychoanalytic Couples Therapist
- 7 Conclusion
Understanding Psychoanalytic Couples Therapy
Psychoanalytic couples therapy is a type of therapy that aims to help couples better understand their unconscious thoughts, feelings, and behaviors that may be impacting their relationship. The therapist works with both partners to explore their individual histories and experiences. As well as the dynamics of their relationship.