Dreams often speak volumes about our conscious and subconscious minds. The fact that we dream of falling is not surprising, as it can be a sign of depression or anxiety. But what does this symbol mean? There are many interpretations of the meaning behind dreams about falling, so we will explore some below.
- 1 What Does Falling Dreams Imply?
- 2 Types Of Falling Dreams
- 3 How To Stop Falling Dreams?
- 4 How Far Interpretations Of Dreams Is Reliable?
- 5 Conclusion
- 6 A Word From Mantra Care
What Does Falling Dreams Imply?
Falling dreams can signify a loss of control. It may also represent your fears or anxieties. You might be afraid of failure, making mistakes, being humiliated in front of others, etc. There are other possible meanings as well depending on how you react to falling into the dream which will help us understand why we have this type of dream.
Alternative Interpretation: Falling dreams can be a sign of depression or anxiety. This is because, in our waking life, we may feel like we are losing control. In these dreams, we often fall from high places, which could represent our feelings of insecurity and powerlessness. Alternatively, falling could also symbolize letting go of something that is no longer serving you.
Sigmund Freud on Falling Dreams
In his book, The Interpretation of Dreams, Sigmund Freud discusses the symbolism of dreams about falling. He believes that this type of dream is often related to a fear of death or castration. It could also suggest a fear of losing something or someone. In most cases, these dreams are related to your subconscious thoughts.
Sigmund Freud also hinted that dreams about falling signified your desire to engage in sexual intercourse. This could mean that you are not feeling fulfilled by the sex life you’re currently experiencing, or perhaps there is something else missing from it (connection with partner, passion).
Types Of Falling Dreams
There are different types of dreams about falling, and each one has its unique symbolism.
Dreaming Of Falling Into Water
Water is often seen as a symbol of cleansing and rebirth. So, dreaming of falling into the water could suggest that you are ready to let go of the past and move on. It may also mean that you are ready for a new beginning.
Other Interpretation: This dream may represent being overwhelmed or submerged in your feelings. It could also suggest that you are feeling out of control in some area of your life.
Dreaming Of Falling From A Building
Falling from a building can be interpreted in many ways. It could mean that you are experiencing a loss in some aspect of your life. It may also be symbolic of guilt and anger towards someone else, or it might suggest fears about yourself such as self-doubt or insecurity.
Other Interpretation: This type of dream is often related to your fears of failure. Another possible interpretation suggests that you are struggling with insecurity.
Dreaming Of Falling To Earth
This dream is often interpreted as a sign that you are feeling overwhelmed or stressed. It could also suggest that you feel unsupported in some area of your life. Alternatively, this dream may be a warning from your subconscious to take things more slowly.
Other Interpretation: This dream represents the feeling of having let something go or not keeping a promise. It could also suggest that there’s some guilt associated with an issue in your life and it may indicate regret over how things have turned out.
How To Stop Falling Dreams?
If you’re having trouble sleeping because of these types of dreams, we suggest that you give a try to these tips that you can try to overcome these types of dreams:
- Keep a journal by your bed and jot down all the thoughts and feelings that come to mind when this happens. This can help bring some clarity to what’s causing them to find ways of managing anxiety or overcoming depression and other emotions which may be related to the dream.
- Keep your bedroom as organized and clean as possible. This will help when it comes time for sleep. Cluttered rooms tend to bring out negative emotions which can make falling dreams even worse especially when combined with depression or anxiety-related issues. So, get rid of anything that makes you feel stressed and focus more on bringing in things that make you happy.
- Do something to relax before bedtimes such as yoga or meditation. This can help bring your stress levels down so that falling dreams will be less likely to occur while sleeping at night time. When we’re relaxed, our minds are more likely to drift off into peaceful slumber.
- Set realistic goals for yourself and don’t be too hard on yourself. This will help ease the feeling of anxiety or insecurity which often leads to falling dreams. Remember that mistakes happen and nobody is perfect- so give yourself a break every once in a while!
How Far Interpretations Of Dreams Is Reliable?
The answer to this question is that it depends on the person. Dreams are often interpreted in a way that makes sense to the individual and some people take these interpretations very seriously while others view them as more symbolic or metaphorical. Ultimately, it’s up to you whether or not you believe in dream interpretation and what level of importance you put on dreams.
While there are many interpretations of dreams about falling, they all have one thing in common; fear of losing control. This could be related to our personal lives or the world around us. It’s important to pay attention to how you feel when you have this type of dream as it can help you uncover what’s going on in your subconscious.
A Word From Mantra Care
Your mental health — your psychological, emotional, and social well-being — has an impact on every aspect of your life. Positive mental health essentially allows you to effectively deal with life’s everyday challenges.
At Mantra Care, we have a team of therapists who provide affordable online therapy to assist you with issues such as depression, anxiety, stress, relationship, OCD, LGBTQ, and PTSD. You can take our mental health test. You can also book a free therapy or download our free Android or iOS app.