“I’m scared of everything.” This is what I say when people ask me why I don’t go out to social events or even grocery shopping by myself. It’s true, I am afraid of so many things that it can be hard for me to function sometimes. The good news is that there are ways to help me feel less anxious. These are things I can do in my life to be happier.
How Does It Feel To Be Scared Of Everything?
It can feel like the world is constantly spinning out of control. It feels like you are never in a safe place, and it’s hard to find comfort anywhere. You might be scared of your own mind because you can’t predict what will happen next. You are happy one moment and then the next you are sad.
Symptoms Of Being Scared Of Everything
- Panic attacks: These can make you feel like your heart is going to beat out of your chest. You might find it hard to breathe, and it may be hard for you to get a full breath sometimes.
- Having difficulty sleeping: Some people have a problem with not being able to fall asleep or stay asleep. This is because they worry about something bad happening to them while they sleep. There’s also the fear of not being able to wake up if something does happen.
- Feeling like you’re constantly on edge: This is when you are always looking over your shoulder or around a room before entering it. You might feel like there’s always someone or something out to get you.
- Avoiding things that make you anxious: People with an anxiety disorder might feel like they can’t go anywhere or do anything. You may avoid going on social outings and doing activities that you once loved because of the fear of having a panic attack in public.
- Constant worry about what will happen next: This is probably one of the worst parts of having an anxiety disorder. You are always worried that something bad will happen and you won’t be able to handle it. This can cause a lot of stress in your life and make it hard to concentrate on anything else.
- The paranoia that everyone is talking about you behind your back: This is a common fear for people with an anxiety disorder. You might feel like everyone is judging you and that they are talking about you when you’re not around.
The good news is there are ways to deal with this. There are things I can do in my life right now to feel happier, less anxious, and even be able to function better!
Why Am I Scared Of Everything?
Anxiety can be influenced by many different factors. Sometimes it has to do with our environment, such as growing up in a family where we didn’t feel safe or stable. Some people are born with anxiety and this is because of their genetics. They cannot do anything about it.
- Environment: One of the main reasons I am scared of everything is because of my environment. I grew up in a family where there was a lot of violence and arguing. It wasn’t a safe place to be, and that has definitely influenced how I see the world today.
- Genetics: I also know that anxiety runs in my family. It’s something that I was born with and can’t do anything about. That is a scary thing to think about, but I try not to focus on it too much.
Treatment For Fear Of Everything
There are many different treatments for people who are scared of everything. Some people might need medication, while others might just need therapy. There are also things that we can do in our everyday lives to help us feel better.
- Therapy: One of the best ways to treat anxiety is with therapy. This is a place where I can talk openly about my fears and worries. I can also learn different techniques to help me deal with them.
- Medication: For some people, medication is also needed in order to treat their anxiety disorder. There are many different types of medications that people can take. Each one is a little different and they all have different effects for each person. Find what works best for you.
- Self Care: In order to help with my anxiety, I have also made a commitment to take care of myself. This means going for walks and being active outside when possible. Other times it just means sitting down and relaxing outside. You can read a book or listen to music if you want. It’s about doing things that make me feel good inside no matter where I am at.”
So, there you have it. These are some of the things that help me when I am feeling scared or anxious. It is not easy living with an anxiety disorder, but there are ways to make it a little easier. Just remember, you are not alone in this. There are many people who understand what you are going through.
How To Deal With Being Scared Of Everything?
There are a few things that can help if you are struggling with being scared of everything. Here are some of them:
- Talk to someone about it: Talking to a friend, family member, therapist, or anyone else you trust can help reduce the amount of fear and anxiety you are feeling. It can be helpful to have an outlet to express what you’re going through.
- Exercise: Exercise is a great way to release endorphins and help you feel good. It can also help to distract you from your fears and worries.
- Yoga or meditation: Yoga and meditation are both great ways to relax your mind and body. They can help you focus on your breath, which can be calming.
- Get a therapy dog: A therapy dog is a great way to reduce stress and anxiety. They offer companionship and love, which can be really helpful.
These are just a few of the ways that you can help deal with being scared of everything. If you are struggling, please don’t hesitate to reach out for help. There is no shame in admitting that you need assistance and there are people who want to help!
What Can I Do To Reduce My Anxiety?
There are a few things that I do in my life to help reduce my anxiety. These include:
- Staying Active: When I am active, it helps me feel better both physically and mentally. I like to go for walks or bike rides when the weather is nice.
- Spending Time With Nature: I find that being outside in nature helps me relax and feel less nervous.
- Writing In A Journal: Sometimes, when I am feeling really bad, I can write about my thoughts to help me feel better. It’s like a form of therapy for me to write down what is going on inside my mind.
These are just a few of the things that I do to help with my anxiety. The list goes on and changes all the time, but these are some basic steps in helping me feel better about life. If you have any other methods for coping with anxiety please share them!
You are not alone. It is estimated that up to 40% of the population suffers from some form of anxiety disorder, and many more people experience occasional bouts with worry or panic attacks. The good news? There are ways to manage your symptoms so you can live a full life without fear. We’ve provided lots of resources here on our blog for managing your mental health- including articles about how mindfulness can help reduce stress levels and improve mood, as well as links to free online therapy sessions offered through Talkspace! What have you done in the past to alleviate this problem? Let us know if we can be helpful!
A Word From Mantra Care
Your mental health — your psychological, emotional, and social well-being — has an impact on every aspect of your life. Positive mental health essentially allows you to effectively deal with life’s everyday challenges.
Also, at Mantra Care, we have a team of therapists who provide affordable online therapy to assist you with issues such as depression, anxiety, stress, relationship, OCD, LGBTQ, and PTSD. You can take our mental health test. You can also book a free therapy or download our free Android or iOS app.