“What do I want in a relationship?” This is the question that many people ask themselves, and it’s an important one. Relationships are hard. But you should try to make them work if you want them to! In this article, we will discuss how to plan for a perfect relationship. You will learn what healthy relationships consist of. You will learn how to avoid common problems.
Types Of Relationships
There are many different types of relationships. You may want a long-term relationship, or you may be looking for something more casual. You may want to get married and have children someday, or you may prefer to stay single. There is no right or wrong answer; it’s entirely up to you! Consider what your goals are, then pick the relationship that fits you best.
What To Expect From A Relationship?
Relationships are not without their tough moments! If you’re in a new relationship, I’m sure your friends and family have warned you about this fact. They told you it’s normal to fight sometimes; they said what matters is how often those fights happen, and how you resolve them. It’s important to learn how to work through conflict and find a compromise that works for everyone involved.
Every relationship is different. There are some things that can make it more likely that you will have tough times in your relationship, though! If one of these risk factors applies to your partner or to you, be on the lookout for potential problems.
- Your partner has a history of intimate partner violence: This is anything from hitting, shoving, or slapping to using weapons.
- Your partner has a history of breaking the law: If your partner steals things, doesn’t pay taxes, and misses work, they might have a problem with authority. They might also be more likely to lie about you or try to control who you spend time with.
- Your partner has a mental health disorder: Mental health disorders can lead to mood swings, problems with impulse control, and difficulty trusting others. If your partner is struggling with any of these things, it’s important to be understanding and patient.
How To Tell If A Relationship Will Work Out
Relationships are only worth it if they work! Here is how to tell whether a relationship will last:
- Trust: Trust is essential for a healthy relationship. Do you trust your partner? Can you trust them not to break promises and tell the truth, even when it’s hard?
- Respect: Your partner should respect you as an independent individual with your own goals and priorities! You must also respect them. Can you both put each other’s needs first sometimes? Can you both express your feelings honestly and listen to each other without judgment?
- Communication: Do you like talking with your partner about things that upset or bother you, or do they get defensive when confronted? Are disagreements resolved quickly and calmly? Everyone gets angry once in a while; the important thing is how it’s handled.
- Compromise: Can you both compromise on things? It is important to listen to the other person. You need to work together and find a solution that will make everyone happy.
- Fun: Are you still able to have fun together after years of being together? Do you enjoy each other’s company? If the answer is no, it might be time to reevaluate your relationship.
There is no such thing as the perfect relationship! Hopefully, you have learned what makes a healthy and happy one. You will need to work together with your partner to make sure that they are treating you fairly and listen when they tell you how they feel about things; try your best to be respectful and compromise as well. However, if this is not working, it may be time for you both to reevaluate the relationship or even seek out a therapist if problems persist.
What Do I Want In A Relationship?
You may be asking yourself this question if you are single, in a new relationship, or thinking about getting back into the dating game. It is important to take some time and figure out what you want before jumping into anything! Consider your goals for the future; do you want to get married and have kids? Or maybe you’d rather travel the world? Think about what you need in a partner; are they kind and faithful, or do they have to be intelligent as well? These things will all help determine who is best suited for your needs.
After learning about what makes a good relationship, you’re ready to try again and find someone who will be good for you. It is important to try new things, including meeting new people. You should also go on dates with many different people. You never know when someone might like you, so don’t close yourself off to love too soon.
When trying out relationships for size, make sure that you’re investing your time in healthy ones; this means having clear boundaries and being upfront about your expectations. Do you want to date casually, or are you interested in a serious commitment? If the latter is true for both of you then it’s time to have The Talk!
Be sure that this person will be supportive and kind if things do not work out between the two of you; trust is essential in any relationship and it can take a long time to build back up if gets lost. Nobody is perfect, so we should be understanding. We should forgive them when they make a mistake.
After all, it Takes Two To Tango
A relationship is never one-sided; both people need to be invested in order for it to work! If you’re not getting what you need from your partner, it might be time to have a talk. If they’re unwilling or unable to change their behavior then it might be time for you to move on.
No one said that finding the perfect relationship would be easy, but with some effort and understanding, it is definitely possible!
10 Things That I Want In A Relationship
- Trust: The foundation of any relationship is trust. I want to know if my partner can tell me anything. I don’t want them to get judged by me or anyone else.
- Communication Skills: I need someone who can speak well to me, so we can talk about things. We should be able to talk about what’s happening in our lives and how we feel.
- Honesty: I want to be able to tell the person I am dating everything, no matter how hard it is.
- Respect: I need to respect my partner, and they need to respect me. If this isn’t there, then our relationship won’t work out for very long.
- Compassionate: In order to get through tough times you need someone who will support you. They should be kind to you and understand your struggles. This means that they put their problems first. They think about them, not me.
- Spiritual Connection: I feel like having a spiritual connection with someone is important. It makes me feel better in any type of relationship that I am in, whether it’s romantic or not. It brings another element to the relationship that I can’t get without it.
- Intellectually Stimulating: I want my partner to be funny and also to think in different ways than me so we can have interesting conversations.
- Humor: A good sense of humor is related to when people can laugh at themselves or other people. If they cannot laugh, then nobody will be happy talking. If this person doesn’t know how to be funny or act like something is not serious, then our relationship won’t work.
- Romantic Attitude: Romance should always be a part of every relationship. It does not always mean that we need to be all over each other and jump into bed right away. It can just mean that we show our partner love without them asking for it, and go on romantic dates sometimes.
- Loyalty: I value loyalty. I don’t have time for someone who cheats or lies about what they are up to all of the time because it makes them look like a bad person and brings out their true colors when no one else can see behind closed doors. You should be honest with yourself now about the truth. It will come out in the end. And that can make things really ugly between you and me.
If you’re looking for a relationship, it might be helpful to know what qualities and traits are important to you. For example, do you want someone who is caring and compassionate? Someone with high emotional intelligence? How about someone who shares similar interests as you? All of these things can help shape the type of person that would make for an ideal partner. In order to find your perfect match, first, think about what is important to you. If you find that you and someone else share some of the same interests, then work on those before moving on to other things. It’s a good idea to ask yourself this question from time to time when deciding if a new person you’ve met could grow into something more.
A Word From Mantra Care
Your mental health — your psychological, emotional, and social well-being — has an impact on every aspect of your life. Positive mental health essentially allows you to effectively deal with life’s everyday challenges.
At Mantra Care, we have a team of therapists who provide affordable online therapy to assist you with issues such as depression, anxiety, stress, relationship, OCD, LGBTQ, and PTSD. You can take our mental health test. You can also book a free therapy or download our free Android or iOS app.