Want to implement EAP / Wellness program?
"*" indicates required fields
There is a lack of data on employee mental health in Botswana, but it is known that the prevalence of mental health problems is high. A study by the World Health Organization (WHO) found that nearly one in four people in Botswana suffer from a mental health disorder. Mental health disorders are a leading cause of disability in the country.
The WHO study found that the most common mental health disorders in Botswana are anxiety disorders, followed by mood disorders such as depression. Other common mental health problems include substance use disorders and psychotic disorders.
Employees with mental health problems often have difficulty performing their work duties. They may also experience absenteeism and presenteeism (coming to work but not being productive). Mental health problems can also lead to job loss.
There is a need for more research on employee mental health in Botswana. However, there are some steps that employers can take to support employees with mental health problems. These include providing training for managers on how to identify and support employees with mental health problems and offering employee assistance programs.
Benefits of the EAP program in Botswana
The EAP program provides a number of benefits for employees, including:
1. Access to confidential counseling services: Employees can receive confidential counseling and support from professional counselors who can help them deal with personal or work-related problems.
2. Cost savings: The EAP program can save employers money by helping employees resolve personal or work-related problems before they escalate into more serious issues that could lead to absenteeism, job performance problems, or even termination.
3. Improved morale and productivity: Employees who have access to the EAP program tend to have higher morale and be more productive at work. This is because they know that their employer cares about their well-being and is willing to invest in resources to help them deal with personal or work-related problems.
4. Fewer workplace accidents: Employees who have access to the EAP program are less likely to be involved in workplace accidents. This is because they are more likely to be mentally and emotionally stable, and less likely to take risks that could lead to accidents.
5. Reduced health care costs: Employees who have access to the EAP program tend to have lower health care costs. This is because they are more likely to catch health problems early and get the treatment they need before their condition worsens and becomes more costly to treat.
Top EAP providers in Botswana
MantraCare is a leading provider of employee assistance programs in the Botswana. They augment their EAP program with Yoga, mindfulness & meditation for employees. The company offers a wide range of services, including counseling, coaching, physical wellbeing programs for diabetes, physio, women’s wellness & more.
Botswana EAP Services offers a range of services to help employees with work-related stressors. These services include confidential counselling, support and guidance. Employees can access these services through the website or by calling the toll-free number.
Workforce EAP is a leading provider of employee assistance services in Botswana. They offer confidential counselling and support to employees to help them manage their stressors and improve their work performance. Their services include individual counselling, group counselling, workshops, training and development programmes.
Cost of EAP program in Botswana
The cost of an EAP program will vary depending on the provider, the size of the company, and the services offered.
The cost of an employee assistance program (EAP) in Botswana varies depending on the specific services offered and the number of employees covered. However, EAPs typically range from $100 to $500 per employee per year. Some employers may also offer discounts for employees who participate in wellness programs or complete health risk assessments.
MantraCare is the most cost-effective among all the EAP providers with plans starting at $3 per employee.