Want to implement EAP / Wellness program?
"*" indicates required fields
Mental health is often viewed as a taboo topic in Japan. This is likely due, in part, to the country’s traditional values which prioritize stoicism and reserve. As a result, mental health problems are often seen as a sign of weakness, something to be ashamed of. This can make it difficult for employees to seek help for mental health problems, even when they are experiencing significant distress.
This is a problem not just for the individual employees, but for the companies they work for as well. Mental health problems can lead to absenteeism, reduced productivity, and an increased risk of accidents. In some cases, mental health problems can even lead to workplace violence. It is therefore in the best interests of companies to promote a healthy work-life balance and to provide support for employees who are struggling with mental health issues.
Benefits of the EAP program in Japan
The EAP program provides a number of benefits for employees. Some of these benefits include:
– Improved job performance – Employees who have access to EAP services are more likely to perform better at their jobs, and may be less likely to experience job-related stress.
– Reduced absenteeism – Employees who have access to EAP services are less likely to miss work due to personal or family problems.
– Improved morale – Employees who have access to EAP services may feel more supported by their employers and experience higher morale.
– Greater retention – Employees who have access to EAP services are more likely to stay with their current employer, saving the company money in turnover costs.
If you are an employer, offering the EAP program to your employees can be a great way to show that you care about their well-being and want to help them succeed both at work and in life. If you are an employee, taking advantage of the EAP program can help you improve your job performance, reduce stress, and feel more supported by your employer.
Top EAP providers in Japan
There are many top EAP providers in Japan that offer a wide range of services to employees and organizations. These providers have a deep understanding of the Japanese culture and work environment, which helps them to provide customized EAP programs that meet the specific needs of their clients. Here is a brief overview of some of the top EAP providers in Japan:
1. KKF: KKF is one of the leading EAP providers in Japan with over 20 years of experience. They offer a wide range of EAP services, including counseling, training, and consultation. They have a team of experienced counselors who are fluent in Japanese and English, and they also have an international team that can provide EAP services in other languages.
2. Nippon Life Insurance Company: Nippon Life Insurance Company is one of the oldest and largest life insurance companies in Japan. It was founded in 1889 and has since then grown to become a leading provider of employee assistance programs (EAP) in the country. The company offers a wide variety of services, including counseling, therapy, financial planning, and legal assistance. It has a team of experienced counselors who are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide assistance to employees and their families.
3. MantraCare is a leading provider of employee assistance programs in the Japan. They augment their EAP program with Yoga, mindfulness & meditation for employees. The company offers a wide range of services, including counseling, coaching, physical wellbeing programs for diabetes, physio, women’s wellness & more.
Cost of EAP program in Japan
The cost of an EAP program will vary depending on the provider, the size of the company, and the services offered.
EAP services in Japan are not covered by public health insurance, so companies have to pay the entire cost themselves. The cost of an EAP program depends on the size of the company and the number of employees enrolled in the program. For a small company with 50 employees, the cost would be about JPY 100,000 per year. For a large company with 10,000 employees, the cost would be about JPY 10 million per year.
MantraCare is the most cost-effective among all the EAP providers with plans starting at $3 per employee.